Kiss older couples 30 years
Scientific facts about love
A marriage in Germany currently lasts an average of 14.8 years. Studies show that the older the partners are when they get married and the longer they were together, the better their chances of making things last. That doesn't look bad in Germany, because couples take their time to get married: the median marriage age for men is 33.6 years, that of women is 30.9 years. The first baby follows about two and a half years later.
The first two years of a relationship are the best. The neurotransmitter dopamine is responsible for this: when you look at your loved one, large amounts of it are released in the brain, which leads to intoxication-like euphoria. At the same time, areas of the brain that are responsible for rational assessments are shut down. This leads to excessive idealization. After two years, the partner becomes a normal person, including weaknesses. Fortunately, the hormone oxytocin then strengthens bond and loyalty, especially in men.
The darn seventh year
There really is. The satisfaction with the relationship reaches a low point in a large number of couples between the fifth and eighth year. Those who survive have a good chance of having found a relationship for life. According to statistics from 2012, 72 percent of Germans believe in love for life. They have probably already found around a million couples: They have spent more than 50 years of their lives together and celebrated their golden wedding anniversary.
What keeps couples together?
Researchers give different answers to this question. Psychologists at the University of Virginia have found that 90 seconds three times a day should be enough for the partner to keep a relationship stable. Other scientists say that touch is the most important thing for satisfaction, and that kisses are more important than sex. We give up to 100,000 of them to partners in the course of their lives, with an average duration of twelve seconds. The US researcher John Gottman, on the other hand, has shown that a relationship is happy if there is only one negative for every five positive interactions between the partners. This Gottmann constant can be used to correctly predict in more than 90 percent of all cases whether a couple will separate. The following behaviors are particularly harmful: frequent criticism of the partner, disrespect, assigning blame and a tendency towards emotional withdrawal.
The thing about infidelity
This often causes relationships to fail. In 21.3 percent this is the reason for separation. In 52 percent of the cases, the woman then files for divorce.
The thing about the big city dwellers
In large cities, a good 15 percent of married couples do not live in the same household. These LAT couples (Living apart together) are often a little happier, but their relationship breaks up more often. This is also because shared property like a house and shared tasks like raising children can effectively hold a relationship together - even when feelings no longer play a role.
The marriage statistics
- Can patients smell a ventilator?
- Is Patanjali Shampoo sulfate-free shampoo
- How does Donald Trump eat
- How successful are auto repair shops
- What do you mean by mobile crane
- What could I do without the use of technology
- What was the first Indian tribe
- Was Steve Jobs a vegan or a pesketeer
- Denmark deported illegal immigrants
- Have you ever stolen something from school?
- The bank will post a subsequent check
- What's so great about white boys
- How are the countries running out of money?
- There is freedom in manual labor
- Is mayonnaise the most polarizing condiment
- What is essential for income tax
- Is it necessary to thin shrimp?
- What is the purpose of panty liners
- How weird is Canadian food
- How do I make biodiesel without methanol
- What is linguistic English literature
- What makes you hostile
- What offends Canadians
- What is the concrete mixing ratio