How many hours do hotel managers work
Professional profile: hotel manager
Every day vacationers and business travelers check into hotels. They come to relax or to keep appointments in the city, to sleep in the hotel, to eat, to do wellness treatments or to take part in congresses and meetings in the hotel premises. Hotels often not only offer the possibility of overnight stays, but are service providers in many different areas.
Duties: What does a hotel manager do?
A hotel manager ensures that the entire hotel business runs smoothly and that the hotel is economically successful. This includes all sorts of different areas of responsibility: Strategy, personnel planning, quality management and accounting, for example.
Hotel managers always keep an eye on the long-term development of the hotel. Based on the review of business figures, targets and the expectations of guests, they make decisions about the offers of the hotel. You set prices for rooms, market other services (such as conference rooms, wellness offers, etc.) and plan staff assignments. Hotel managers are often out and about in the hotel to get an idea of whether everything is going smoothly, for example the check-in of guests or operations in the associated restaurant. Rather, they work in the office to negotiate contracts with suppliers, evaluate guest satisfaction, design marketing strategies with the marketing department or create monthly reports on economic success.
Because all of these tasks are very different and require a wide range of skills, hotel managers work together with other managers in the individual hotel departments. Reception managers, marketing managers or food and beverage managers are your contacts. Depending on the size of the hotel, a hotel not only has a single hotel manager, but several who specialize in subtasks. As a hotel manager, you may only be concerned with the strategy, only with quality management or only with personnel planning.
Requirements: How do you become a hotel manager?
As a hotel manager you have to do with very different people: Good-humored holidaymakers, grumpy business people and colleagues from the various specialist departments require a communicative nature and the ability to adapt to other people and their needs. Irregular working hours and stressful phases require flexibility and resilience. At the same time, business administration plays a major role: the desire for math, analysis and brooding over key figures are part of the job.
So you need good business knowledge about finance, controlling, personnel planning, marketing and sales. All of this is part of the many tourism degree programs that exist. A hotel management degree, a tourism, hotel and event management degree or a business administration degree with a hotel focus is the best basis for preparing yourself specifically for the requirements of hotels. However, becoming a hotel manager immediately after graduation is unrealistic - but advancing to management positions can be achieved with commitment and motivation. With increasing professional experience and knowledge of all hotel areas, the promotion to hotel manager is possible.
- Suitable universities
57 universities where you lay the foundations for a career as a hotel manager
- How does research improve student performance
- What is the most anti-Semitic country today
- How is Holi celebrated in other countries
- Net Connect is a multinational company
- How does piracy affect the music industry?
- What is a customs counter
- Can I exercise after acupuncture treatment?
- When should a person retire
- Should I get my nipple pierced?
- What is unique about your country
- What are the disadvantages of co-education
- Left Rhaegar Lyanna
- What sucks about being 18 years old
- Have orphans in India made reservations?
- Why are shopping malls dying
- What is stale gasoline
- How fast has China grown
- What is AWS Professional Services
- Could Jaime Daenerys join
- What race has the most beautiful people
- All people have fetishes
- Who is better housewives or working women
- What are the theories of educational technology
- White invented racism
- 17-year-olds are still considered children
- How do you pamper your partner
- What are the darkest secrets of parenting
- When should domain names match company names?
- Who is from Greece
- How is the construction industry in Dubai now
- What is the national dish in America
- What are the career opportunities for painters
- Is Sansa on Arya's list
- What are some examples of global outsourcing