Climbing stairs reduces the fat in the upper body
Finally understand: What actually happens to fat that we "burn"?
When it comes to losing weight and exercising, we often say we are "burning" fat. Even physiologists did not know exactly what we meant by that. After all, the love handles don't go up in flames while jogging.
It is only for a few years now that we have known more precisely what actually happens when the human body breaks down fat. Researchers at the University of New South Wales found that processes actually take place in the body that are similar to the conversion of substances when burned.
The molecules that make up fat are made up of oxygen (O2) and carbon (C). As we lose weight, they combine to form carbon dioxide (CO2). This is carried through the blood into the lungs and from there into the air you breathe. We practically exhale 84 percent of the "burned" fat. The rest is water - which we excrete with the air we breathe, sweat, urine and even tears.
10 kg of fat become 28 kg of CO2
Experts call this process oxidation. And for this a lot of oxygen from the air is necessary. In order to burn ten kilograms of fat, we have to absorb 29 kilograms of oxygen through the lungs. The result of this metabolic process: 28 kilograms of CO2 and eleven kilograms of water.
Every day a person weighing 70 kilograms inhales and exhales around 17,280 - and loses around 200 grams of fat in the process. With an hour of running we can add another 40 grams. However, we should then be careful that we do not "recover" the calories through too many sweet and fatty foods. A muffin weighing 100 grams covers 20 percent of the daily energy requirement of an average person. The study shows that exercising more and eating less is still the best option for people who want to lose weight.
The basic processes of metabolism are already known. But no one has had the idea of calculating the amounts involved in the metabolism, said the authors of the study.#Subjects
- What do you call your grandparents
- What do Nigerians love about Nigeria
- What happened to Bran's Direwolf
- How do users use OneNote in general
- Is 22 too young to marry
- What is ICE police in the USA
- What is the salary of the Mexican teacher
- Swimming cures cervical pain
- Like boys big thighs
- Something wrong with Keanu Reeves
- Are Slavs Russian
- What is the normal endometrial thickness during pregnancy
- What causes urine smell
- Use the sharing economy
- Open-minded people are naturally more intelligent
- The Bible is a white book for men
- What does it mean to freeze someone
- How do I identify manipulative behavior
- By just describing what your favorite color is
- Which country has the most sophisticated cuisine
- Who were the first settlers in Jerusalem
- What does China export and to whom
- What are the central teachings of Confucius
- How can I convert Swagbucks into dollars