Why do people stop supporting a charity?
Mapuche Internationaler Link (MIL) is an international aid organization whose members work for social, economic, political and environmental justice for the indigenous Mapuche people in Chile and Argentina.
MIL was founded in the UK in 1996 and now has members around the world who share their concerns about the suffering of the Mapuche indigenous people. Without the support and dedication of volunteers who work for a just and peaceful solution to the Mapuche conflict, our work would not progress.
If you would like to take part in our work, we can offer you a number of different and attractive activities regardless of where you are. All of these positions have in common that they presuppose a real interest in human rights, the environment and social justice.
Campaigners and lobbyists:
Interest in the Mapuche conflict is growing around the world, and there is an urgent need for us to promote this interest and put pressure on institutions that have a strong influence on relevant decision-making processes.
Accordingly, MIL is constantly striving to find support from people who are able to influence the following people / institutions:
- Politicians (worldwide)
- Governments (worldwide)
- International institutions (such as the United Nations and the European Union)
- Non-governmental organizations (especially human rights organizations and environmental organizations)
- Mass media (especially those aimed at the general public)
Experience in lobbying and organizing and running campaigns is useful but not essential for these positions. If you believe you have the skills - and the stamina - to advocate for positive change as a lobbyist or campaign leader, we'd love to hear from you.
MIL strives continuously to improve the layout, content and accessibility of its websites.
Thanks to the tireless efforts of a German student who was temporarily in the UK, a German version of the MIL website was recently launched. Next we want to develop a French version of the MIL website. Knowledge of Dreamweaver is desirable for this role, but we would be happy to train you. You should also be able to speak and write French fluently and have a good command of English or Spanish. If you can offer us help in this area, we'd love to hear from you.
We also urgently need people who can help us to keep the English, German and Spanish versions of the MIL website up to date and to develop them further. Knowledge of Dreamweaver is desirable in this context, but we would be happy to provide you with basic training. For this position, it is essential that you are fluent in one of the languages mentioned above and write and have a good knowledge of one of the other two languages.
We are always looking for support from people who can translate news and other information, and that is
- from Spanish to English
- from Spanish into German
- from Spanish to French
- from English into German
- from French into English
Much of our information is published under time pressure. We therefore have a team of translators whom we turn to regularly or from time to time, depending on what suits them. If you can help us in this area, we'd love to hear from you.
MIL is a voluntary organization and depends on donations to continue its work. We're always looking for people who can help us raise additional funding for MIL. If you are able to help with this relationship or if you would like to donate money, we'd love to hear from you.
MIL seeks an advisory role within the United Nations Economic and Social Council. In connection with the application for this position, we have to submit numerous application forms as well as a formulated “statute” / “constitution”. If you could help us with the preparation of our application or the formulation of a “statute” / “constitution” in English and Spanish (perhaps you have legal experience), you could be an essential contribution to the further development of MIL.
For more information on volunteering opportunities, please visit:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 44-117-927 9391 (for international calls) or 0117-927 9391 (for UK calls)
Mapuche International Link
6 Lodge Street,
Bristol, BS1 5LR,
- How many V dollars can I get
- We are all victims of life experiences
- What are Russia's relations with Cuba
- First steps entrepreneurs or employees
- How do you think about wooden watches
- Why is Black Mirror so dark
- Can we send food to Singapore?
- Is it impossible not to judge others?
- What is the ONGC Recruitment Process
- Is the young person an offensive term
- Is the skin color hereditary?
- How do I start a cleaning company
- How do I drastically reduce the grocery bill
- What foods contain carbohydrates
- What makes us so far
- Should a child use a smartphone
- What do Europeans think of Latinos
- In which prison do the most dangerous people live
- Obtain programmer jobs without a degree
- Is anal sex allowed in the Hindu religion
- Why don't westerners eat river fish?
- Who saw that human rights were violated?
- What are the signs of emotional neglect
- Why should I become an investor?