What is the tax rate
What is the personal tax rate?
The personal one tax rate is the average tax rate for all your income. It is given as a percentage, i.e. it shows what percentage of your annual income you have to cede to the tax office.
To find out how the tax officials determine your income, see our article Revenue, Income, Income - This is how your income tax is calculated.
How can I calculate my personal tax rate?
You have to multiply the income tax you paid and then divide it by your taxable income. You can find out how much income tax you have paid and how much your taxable income is in your tax assessment.
An example: Sven earned a total of 30,000 euros in 2020 and paid 5,187 euros in income tax. His personaltax rate is calculated using the following formula:
5,187 euros x 100 / 30,000 euros = 17.29 percent
Sven's average tax rate in 2020 is 17.29 percent of his total income.
Alternatively, you can calculate your personal tax rate with the income tax calculator of the Federal Ministry of Finance. Here, however, your tax rate is called the average tax.
By the way:
If you have not yet received a tax assessment, a VLH advisor will be happy to help you with the calculation. You can find a consultant near you here: Consultant search.
This is an editorial text from the VLH editorial team. There is no advice on topics that are outside the tax advisory powers of an income tax aid association. Consulting services in specific individual cases can only be provided within the framework of the establishment of a membership and exclusively within the advisory authority according to § 4 No. 11 StBerG.
- Are only white ethnic Europeans
- Why do children talk to themselves
- Why do Nigerians shout the word Hey
- How do social enterprises make money
- Are the people in Denver reserved
- When should I eat my camembert?
- Children in orphanages have surnames
- What makes girls find a boy cute
- What is a political coup
- May women workers
- Is it wrong to kill?
- What does it mean to wear anklets
- What recently happened on London Bridge
- Is sausage made from beef
- What happened to Itachi Uchiha's left hand
- Can you marry a child
- What is a comfortable life for you
- Can I start producing music when I am 30?
- Eritrea has internet
- Why is SGD falling
- Why does Norway not allow dual citizenship?
- What idea can make you a millionaire
- What does the renovation of the office cost?
- Why does my water smell like sulfur