What are the consequences of marginalization
describes the displacement of individuals or population groups to the margins of society. The displacement can take place on different levels, for example geographical, economic, social or cultural; it usually takes place on several levels at the same time.
Marginalization takes place in a power structure and goes hand in hand with discrimination: the further a group is on the fringes of society, the less power it has and the more it is disadvantaged compared to the middle of society. Marginalization involves the loss of resources, opportunities to influence and status and can affect mental and physical health. If the marginalized group is a minority, the psychological and physical consequences can also be referred to as minority stress. But marginalization does not only affect minorities. In a patriarchal society, femininity is marginalized even though women are not a minority.
In the cultural sector, marginalized actors have, among other things, poor access to funding and influential positions. They often choose art forms in which access is less strictly regulated, such as contemporary dance or spoken word compared to ballet and poetry. Their art usually takes place in niche spaces and they are denied that a larger audience would be interested in their subjects.
- What are some treatments for mild autism
- What is CCleaner for Windows
- Can a basement have a basement
- What are the ethnic roots of Jamaicans
- Japanese technology is overrated
- How do Cubans live
- Why is Russia so depressing
- Does a fake nationalism affect the economy of our country?
- Is the Austrian economy falsifiable
- America is more beautiful
- Which international companies have implemented knowledge management?
- Which woman can I marry
- Which metal does not adhere to glass
- Why is YouTube blocked in China
- Why do religions not correspond to science?
- How is the Centennial College for Postgraduate Degrees
- Vietnamese eat with hands like Indonesians
- What exactly is CBD oil
- Travel music producers
- Cooperation kills the relationship
- What if Britain stayed neutral during World War II?
- What should I eat in Xiamen
- How does Toyota justify its design philosophy
- Why are schools politically liberal?