What is Midlothian TX known for
Midlothian is a city in Ellis County in the US state of Texas in the United States.
The city is located at the intersection of the U.S. Highways 67 and 287, as well as the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway and the Southern Pacific Railroad in northeast Texas, 15 km northwest of Waxahachie and has a total area of 98.1 km², of which 0.4 km² is water.
The first settlers arrived in the area around 1800, but the colony did not grow until Sam Houston pacified the Native Americans in 1843. The place later came to be known as Hawkins Springs, named after a source on the land of William Alden Hawkins, one of the first settlers in the area. A log cabin served as a school, church and community room. The first post office opened in 1877 and in 1882 or 1883 the place was renamed Midlothian, probably after the hometown of a Scottish railroad engineer on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway, who laid their tracks here in 1883.
According to the 2000 census, 7,480 people in 2,650 households and 2,011 families lived here. The population density was 76.6 inhabitants per km ². The racial the population was composed of 90.45% White, 2.91% African American, 0.52% Native American, 0.49% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, and 3.94% other ethnic groups. About 1.66% were mixed race and 13.11% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Of the 2,650 households, 42.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them. 59.9% of these were married couples living together. 11.0% were single mothers and 24.1% were non-families. 19.9% of all households were single households and 7.4% had people living there who were 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 and the average family size was 3.25.
31.2% of the population were under 18 years old, 8.8% 18 to 24, 32.9% 25 to 44, 19.3% 45 to 64, and 7.8% who were 65 years of age or older . The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females of all age groups, there were 100.0 males. For every 100 women aged 18 and over there were 97.7 men.
The median income for a household in the county is $ 49,464, and the median income for a family is $ 55,055. Males had a median income of $ 37,151 versus $ 27,209 for females. The per capita income was $ 19,329. 6.3% of the population and 4.4% of families are below the poverty line. 8.2% of these were children and adolescents under 18 years of age and 8.0% were 65 or older.
List of cities in Texas
- How much money do billionaires have
- Is there a translator for Brazilian Portuguese
- Which Indian actress has the best ass
- When should a person retire
- Is it legal to ruin someone's life?
- What is revenge for a deceiver
- How do I start creating software
- Do Egyptians really go like Egyptians
- How long would you stay in prison?
- Which caste pays more taxes in India?
- CBD oils work without THC
- How does your Bengali accent sound
- How are duplicate keys made
- What is Sri Lanka most famous for
- Do my parents know that I'm gay
- How do attitudes arise
- All non-executive directors are independent
- Who is more overrated Brady or Jeter
- Why is dating so confusing and complicated
- How do prisoners get drugs or money?
- What if we could breathe underwater?
- Can get white Ebola
- Who are the best psychiatrists in Delhi
- How are ISFPs