What is Shiva's third eye doing
Why does Lord Shiva have three eyes?
The third eye on Lord Shiva's forehead is that too spiritual eye or Ajna chakra, which stands for higher consciousness and enables us to see the real world for the world as we see it is an illusion.
Hindus believe that everyone has this Owns "third eye", that can only be activated after years of meditation.
Who gave him the third eye?
Shiva formed it himself.
According to Mahabharata, Shiva's wife Parvati, the daughter of the King of the Mountains, went secretly behind Shiva one day and playfully put her hands over his eyes. Suddenly the darkness engulfed the whole world and all beings trembled with great fear when the Lord of the Universe closed his eyes. Suddenly a massive flame eye broke out from Shiva's forehead; A third eye had appeared there, giving light to the world.
However, this narrative has a background. Shiva opened his third eye for the first time to Kama , the god of desire to set on fire when Kama tried to play Amor between Shiva and Parvati. Since then it has been said that the third eye is only intended for destruction.
A detailed and plausible background to this story can be found here.
What does it mean?
Shiva's third eye represents the rejection of desire. It is the eye that killed Kama. And why does Shiva refuse desire? Because he saw the consequences of desire - when the object of desire (sati) disappears, there is immense sadness and anger. The desire evokes not only positive emotions (love, affection, contentment, compassion), but also negative emotions (anger, dissatisfaction, sadness). Shiva therefore shies away from it and prefers the cold, silent mountains that represent the state of transcendence - where there is only silence, stillness and bliss.
- Will you contribute to a political campaign
- What lessons can one learn from life?
- Is Heisenberg's principle of uncertainty a postulate
- How effective is a computerized payroll system
- All boys just want a physical relationship
- Did God allow Trump to be president
- How long will Petronas towers last
- What is the breed of Russians
- Can a social worker be introverted
- Is bariatric surgery reversible
- What should you serve with pinto beans
- What did you never think about life
- Is 54 short for a guy
- Why is Northern Australia uninhabited
- What is the best project plan title
- Is Garou an orphan
- Why do Cuban women look so gorgeous
- Are the arts important in modern society
- The income tax inspector gets a vehicle
- How do you smoke heroin
- What makes people stop being afraid of death?
- What's the biggest mistake you almost made
- We could possibly prevent the aging of the skin
- What happens in a firefight