Why is the world unfair 1
Justice: This is how unfairly income is distributed in Germany
The gap between rich and poor is huge. Also in Germany. On the one hand, people in this country work for the statutory minimum wage of 8.84 euros per hour, on the other hand, there are corporate managers with annual salaries in the millions. The differences in income create heated debates about social injustice. It is true that inequality is part of a market economy, especially since income differences are the main incentive to make an effort.
But the salary differences do not always reflect performance. Because the starting conditions are by no means the same for all citizens. Factors such as origin, gender or migration background, which the individual cannot influence, play a role.
How fair are the income differences that are evident in Germany and in other countries? Economists from the Ifo Institute, together with their colleague Ravi Kanbur from Cornell University in the United States, examined the social conditions in 31 European countries as well as in the USA. The result of their study: In the Netherlands, Finland and Norway, income is distributed most fairly. Germany is also in a relatively good position. France and Great Britain are even better. In contrast, Romania, Lithuania and - in the last place - Italy bring up the rear in Europe when it comes to social fairness.
- What is Nigeria best known for
- Are you inevitable
- Did Hitler respect China
- Seafood dishes from Hawaii are delicious
- Have you ever worked for a celebrity
- Who are the Sinhalese
- What is revenge for a deceiver
- How did the Soviet armed forces see the American armed forces?
- What do Germans think of Mexicans?
- What is the race of Pakistanis
- What is the best investment in 2017
- Do dentists fear to visit the dentist
- Was Hitler good to his people
- Is a happy worker a productive worker
- What is it like to date a supermodel?
- How is Yales Economics department
- How do people share old books
- Where was Jungkook from BTS born
- Can I get vegetarian food in Kashmir?
- How do Americans see Islam
- What are the controversies in the divided economy
- Why does Venezuela still claim Guyana
- What makes Aramco the most profitable company
- What is the territory of australia