Which countries only accept GRE
GMAT or GRE - which MBA admission test is the most suitable?
Now that the admissions offices of MBA programs are increasingly accepting the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) in addition to the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), one is faced with the question of which one should one take?
Prospective students should ask themselves a few questions when making their choice, which we list below.
1. Which program would you like to apply for?
The GRE is usually the admission test that many who want to complete a non-MBA graduate program take. If you have not yet decided whether you want to take an MBA program or a program with a different degree or if you want to study a dual degree program, it is more advantageous to take the GRE test. Business schools are aware of this strategy and whoever has a GMAT is primarily seen as someone who is considering an MBA, which is of course very helpful when it comes to admission to an MBA program. If you are solely interested in MBA programs, the GMAT is a better choice. The same logic can also be applied to the career path, since many employers still take the GMAT score into account when applying.
2. Which schools are shortlisted?
Some business schools only accept GMAT scores when applying for admission and others accept both GMAT and GRE. So make sure that the school of your choice also accepts GRE scores.
Please see this link for the full list of MBA programs that accept the GRE. Note that this is a list of MBA programs that take GRE scores into account, but it does not mean that they will equate their scores with GMAT scores. For example, Harvard Business School revealed that candidates who apply with a GMAT tend to do well on admissions than candidates who have a GRE - even though the school officially states that it has no test preference.
3. Are you better at quantum or verbally?
If you are better at one test than the other, and if the school of your choice accepts both tests, then stick to your strengths. The GMAT is seen by many to be more difficult on mathematical questions, while in the GRE the verbal section and the emphasis on vocabulary is more difficult for non-native speakers than for those who do not regularly read complex literature.
4. Diverse differences between GMAT and GRE
The GRE contains an open experimental section, which is not marked as such. This can lead to frustration for some, namely those who want to devote their mental energy to questions that contribute to a good score. Additionally, some test centers around the world do not offer a computer-based GRE, which means that, depending on the country, you may need to take your test on paper. You should note that the paper test does not contain any experimental areas or research sections. Those who do a paper-based GRE will find five more questions in each of the oral and quantitative sections. You will be given an additional five minutes for the verbal section, but no additional time for the quantitative section, which only has 30 minutes.
All in all, the GRE and the GMAT have more in common than differences. Whichever of these tests you want to take and pass, you will need extensive knowledge of math, arithmetic, geometry, and data analysis for both. In addition, you must have very good reading and critical reasoning skills as well as efficient testing strategies.
Text source: www.gmat.economist.com
Image source: www.qsleap.com
- Is there an industry in Saudi Arabia
- How do I find God's gift in me
- What salary of BSC nurses abroad
- How Parents Can Prevent Teenage Pregnancy
- Can a MacBook Pro RAM be upgraded
- How safe are Chinese airlines
- Has Lebanon ever been a Christian state?
- Why do foreigners like our culture
- How do we overcome difficulties in life
- Can you walk across the London Bridge today?
- Is Portugal different from Spain?
- Why is travel important to many people
- Can Baeder Cause Yeast Infections?
- Which country has the strongest emerging economy?
- Why don't Indians leave the UK?
- How do you feel about domestic violence?
- Is google photos safe or not
- Aren't the British Europeans?
- What can we enlarge the construction area
- Which iPhone is the best and why
- Who gets their carpet cleaned
- How do I train my monkey
- Managers should trust their employees
- Why are eagles the national bird