Why does my garden smell like septic tank
When the small sewage treatment plant stinks
In some cases it can happen that there is a smell in the vicinity of the small sewage treatment plant in the first few weeks after commissioning and that it emits a nuisance. This is considered a normal effect and should show up after two to three weeks of operation.
However, if the odor does not subside or persists at a later point in time during operation, this can have several causes:
Causes of a smelly small sewage treatment plant (KKA)
faulty venting of the KKAIn most cases, the odor that occurs in a KKA is due to a lack of oxygen.
inadequate clarificationA poor degradation performance of the small wastewater treatment plant is the second most common cause that leads to odor nuisance.
Fixed bed processUnpleasant smells often occur with KKAs with fixed bed processes. These systems are often underutilized. But even with the fixed bed process, the sewage treatment plant can stink with normal plant utilization. Troubleshooting is very difficult here. Consult a professional if necessary.
defective membrane plate
Cleaning the small sewage treatment plant
A comprehensive cleaning of the small wastewater treatment plant, which ensures smooth operation again, can lead to a solution to the problem. In this case, however, it is advisable to get help from a specialized maintenance company.
Check the COD valueChecking the COD value (chemical oxygen demand). This should not be above 150mg / l. If this value is exceeded, the water usually also becomes turbid.
Localization of the odor formationCheck whether odor formation occurs in all chambers or only in the primary treatment.
Check drain valuesChecking the discharge values and comparing them with the system design as well as checking for technical malfunctions.
Increase ventilation timeIn some cases it helps to increase the duration of ventilation. to set this to continuous operation. For this, however, the Veridchter must be designed for continuous operation.
Review of the discharged substancesIn some cases there is an odor if too much disinfectant cleaning agent is used in the household.
If you are not familiar with all of the legally required guidelines, we will be happy to assist you in retrofitting your wastewater treatment plant.
Does your small wastewater treatment plant smell?
We are happy to help you determine the cause and, of course, to eliminate the unpleasant odor of your small sewage treatment plant.
Give us a call or simply send us a non-binding inquiry online here.
- What is it like to go through therapy
- What are the goals of social enterprise
- What are the best early stage startups
- Do Guangxi and Guangdong still speak Cantonese
- What should every Bhutanese know
- How do breasts taste
- What is your rating of the Jobvite product
- Why are Canadians so in debt
- Has Hong Kong citizenship of a city
- What is the coolest place in agra
- How does a peacock have sex
- Why are Finnish schools so good
- What is the name of a shrew
- What do others think of Marwaris
- What is higher education in the UK
- Will night shifts ruin a relationship
- What is the application of a VAT
- Who is the Best Canadian Immigration Lawyer
- Is the MK Ultra government project real
- What is the best safe place to work
- Why do we get excited
- Which percentages are considered rare?
- Feel undressed in swimwear
- Why is the Black Sea anoxic