How did the revolution help America economically?
When France's fleet once rescued the United States
History has repeatedly shown that related political and economic systems are no guarantee of a peaceful neighborhood. Even the awareness of marching together at the forefront of progress does not help if the interests are too conflicting. The American Revolution is a good example of this. In it, the young United States fought against the colonial power of Great Britain - and in doing so were supported by a power that was considered the refuge of the ancien régime: France.
The matter is made even more complicated by the fact that, in addition to France, the Netherlands also entered the war on the side of the insurgent colonists. The Netherlands was a proud republic, its inheritance holder came from the same dynasty that, with William of Orange, had been appointed to the throne of Great Britain by the English Parliament in the course of the Glorious Revolution in 1688/89. Wilhelm dedicated his life to one goal: preventing French hegemony.
In his profound book "The Anglo-Dutch Sea Wars", Robert Rebitsch explains why these old front positions no longer applied almost 100 years later. The Innsbruck historian rightly calls the episode an “excursus”, but in contrast to its predecessors, the conflict to which he addresses himself as the fourth and last has hardly found its way into the memory culture of the namesake.
- What's your shadiest experience in Istanbul
- Where is the Eurofighter Typhoon made?
- How was Japan 10 years ago
- How do westerners see Thailand
- Why do legs itch after shaving
- How do I become a gentle person
- What does America scream first
- Is American a race or a nationality?
- Can a person eat too much cheese?
- Is the joker right about people
- More work always means more capital
- Are women with tattoos sexy?
- Why does the Anglosphaere not form a union
- Can i root Redmi Note 3?
- How much do test buyers cost
- There are prominent Papuans in Indonesia
- Have you ever slept with a celebrity
- How do INTPs deal with heartbreak
- What causes Vitiligo
- What age counts as the older parent
- Biology Why is biodiversity so important
- Air India is now privatized
- How does Donald Trump eat
- How does a bisexual guy act