How to properly cook pinto beans
Quail beans - the mild pinto beans
Quail beans, also known as pinto beans, are a subspecies of the kidney bean and are therefore part of the legumes. They are sold dried. Quail beans owe their name to their red-brown speckled appearance, which is reminiscent of quail eggs.
The dried quail bean kernels are available all year round.
Quail beans have a very mild taste that can be combined well with other foods.
Before cooking, quail beans should be soaked in water overnight. The cooking time is then about 30 minutes. Longer soaking times shorten the cooking time. Quail beans get a floury core when cooked, but they keep their shape. That is why they are particularly popular for salads. But they are also used for soups and stews. The Mexicans make "Frijoles Refritos" from quail beans. The bean puree is used as a dip and side dish for various dishes.
Quail beans can be stored in their original packaging or, once opened, in a jar with a screw cap.
When stored airtight and in a dry place, quail beans can last up to a year.
Nutritional value / active ingredients
Legumes such as quail beans provide an average of 278 kcal / 1162 kJ, 22g of valuable vegetable protein, 41g of carbohydrates, 1.4g of fat and a lot of fiber per 100g. They also contain the B vitamins niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, plenty of folic acid and lots of potassium, magnesium, lots of phosphorus, zinc, manganese, copper and iron. Niacin contributes to the normal function of the nervous system, pantothenic acid to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue and biotin, just like zinc, to the maintenance of normal skin. Potassium is responsible for maintaining normal blood pressure, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese ensure normal energy metabolism. Copper contributes to normal iron transport in the body and iron and folate to normal blood formation.
- Has a girl ever farted on you
- Are Israeli girls open to foreigners
- How do schools deal with bullying
- What is marital rape
- What are some of the criticisms of Imperial College
- Where was Mary Jesus' mother born
- How do school lunches work in Japan
- Is rosegold cheap
- Are Germans related to Turks
- What is the best machine for translation
- Who or what is your constant companion
- How can an ENTP recover from depression
- How does BHEL recruit engineers
- President Trump damages the American economy
- Ukulele strings break easily
- Apple Pay uses direct billing with the network operator
- Which countries receive the most foreign aid?
- What is a woman without a man
- Are atheists discriminated against? If so, where
- Where do cats go to die?
- What do you think about relationship goals
- Diamond is the most expensive gem on the market
- Will people stop believing in religions at some point?
- What is a smart person