Athens is the best city in Greece
17 beautiful cities in Greece you must see in 2021 (with map)
Chalkida is another of the Greece cities that is located on an island.
This time on the island of Evia:
an oasis of calm and relaxation, just under an hour's drive from Athens.
The name of the city comes from the rich copper deposits in the area.
Athenians in particular like to come to the island for a day trip to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city for a few hours.
The numerous restaurants with sea views invite you to relax and enjoy.
The culinary highlight here are the meze dishes with seafood and mussels.
Alikes Beach is considered the hotspot for young people.
Here you can not only sunbathe, but also enjoy creative and colorful cocktails in the taverns and bars.
The night is usually turned into day and you can swing your dance leg exuberantly.
If you just want to relax on the beach and enjoy Greece by the sea, the beaches of Asteria, Rodies and Aghios Minas are also recommended.
But you can also experience a lot historically and culturally, because Chalkida is one of the Greek cities that can look back on a history that is over 3,000 years old.
So it is a real experience to walk through the city and the fortress area.
On the mainland side of Chalkida is the imposing Karababa fortress, in Chalkida itself the Aghia Paraskevi Church and the Emir Zade Mosque, both of which date from the 15th century, have survived.
And the archaeological and folkloric museums tell of the city's interesting history.
Chalkida top sights:
- The red house of the Maliou family
Chalkida is known for the tidal phenomenon.
The direction of the water is based on the moon and stays still for 8 minutes with every change of direction.
The best way to see this natural spectacle is on the Negroponte Bridge.
>> Find cheap hotels in Chalkida <<
- Why is the Irish language dying
- What are some identities
- What secrets do INFPs have
- What makes New Zealand a unitary state
- How broken is our Fiat currency system
- Indian men are bad in bed
- Why did Paul McCartney choose the Hofner bass?
- What things really make a couple incompatible?
- Can you tip cleaning ladies in hotels
- Is there groupism in LBSNAA
- Where do jobs come from
- Indian roti is harmful to health
- How do people make a good speech
- What is seafood pasta
- What do cats do before they die?
- What happens if endometriosis is left untreated
- Where is my life going
- How do I look for paying guest houses
- How do I invest in a company
- How foreign-friendly is Moscow
- Why do Koreans eat kimchi with everything
- What is the first meal that man cooked
- Protein is only found in meat
- Which is the best bulk SMS reseller