How much does a nurse earn
Nurse / Nurse Average Salary
The average salary for nurses is € 2,590 gross per month (approx. € 32,100 gross per year), which is € 505 (-16%) lower than the average monthly salary in Germany.
As a qualified nurse, you earn between a minimum of € 1,800 gross per month and a maximum of over € 3,800 gross per month.
The average salary consists of the basic salary plus possible allowances (e.g. for additional night shift and Sunday work).
Find jobs as a nurse!
Nursing Salaries - Distribution
in a managerial position
in a managerial position
Nursing trainees, young professionals and nurses who work in private institutions must expect lower salaries. Experienced and qualified specialists such as psychiatric nurses, intensive care nurses or nurses in management positions (as ward managers), on the other hand, can earn better.
The actual salary as a nurse or as a nurse usually depends on whether you are paid according to a collective agreement.
Employers bound by collective bargaining agreements are e.g. public institutions and church associations, while the salary for nurses in private institutions is not regulated by collective agreements.
Nurse / Nurse Salary Differences
|Senior nurse / ward manager||€ 3,570 / month|
|Intensive care nurse||€ 3,500 / month|
|Nursing TVöD - care||€ 3,320 / month|
|Specialized nurse in psychiatry||€ 3,210 / month|
|Nurse oncology||€ 2,850 / month|
|Nurse church facilities||€ 2,820 / month|
|Nurse private facilities||€ 2,380 / month|
|Part time nurse||1,810 € / month|
|Training as a nurse||€ 1,140 / month|
How much does a male nurse earn? Salaries based on work experience
A nurse with less than 3 years of professional experience starts with an average starting salary of around € 1,800 gross per month. With 4-9 years of experience, the wages for nurses and nurses rise to around € 2,800, while a nurse with more than 10 years of professional experience can expect remuneration of around € 3,200. The average salary for nurses with more than 20 years of professional experience is over € 3,500.
How do age and work experience affect nurse salaries?
|at the end of the career||▲ +35%|
|in a managerial position||▲ +24%|
|With professional experience||▲ +8%|
|Average salary||€ 2,590 / month|
|Young professionals||▼ -31%|
Would you like to find out more about the job? Find Out: What Does a Nurse Do?
The salary data on this page is based on an estimate of the salary information in job advertisements for nurses published on Jobted in the last 12 months, as well as on other publicly available sources (e.g. collective agreements, minimum wage law).
Stay up to date and never miss any more job offers!
Receive all new jobs for: Nursing
- How is a complex person
- Have you ever had a gay teacher?
- Which generation of Iphone is that
- What are the properties of all planets
- What is the traffic jam from Beijing
- How do you find all the fun
- What does the Islamic State want
- Also, prepare for UPSC
- What do Americans think of New Zealand?
- Can distant relationships be permanent?
- What are breakfast potatoes
- How is chorizo made
- Airports can only accept cash payments
- What's wrong with Singapore's startup scene
- What are you afraid of and why
- Are Volvos actually safer than comparable cars
- What if the groom is younger
- What is the brutal truth about poverty
- What is the most profitable way of trading
- Is sexism against men ethically permissible?
- Can be bad somehow good
- Generation x is lost
- What companies does Raytheon own
- What are the best Hollywood movies 2