What symbolizes holding hands 2
When we are little, we hold our parents' hand. As we get bigger, we take our friends' hands to show them that we are there for them. We hold hands in a relationship because it's a gesture of affection and love.
There are many hands that we hold in the course of our lives. Holding one hand means giving trust and compassion to the other. This is why it is so important to take your partner's hand in difficult situations. Wouldn't it be nice if you could relieve each other's pain by holding hands? A study proves that it really is.
Holding hands relieves pain
A group of researchers led by Pavel Goldstein from the Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab at the University of Colorado, Boulder, found that pain can be relieved if the loved one holds the hand of the person afflicted by pain. The main reason for his research was that Goldstein believed that his wife would suffer less labor during the birth of their daughter if he held her hand in his.
For the research, 22 couples who had been together for at least a year were examined. Different groups were observed. It was once researched what happened to brain activity when couples held hands, when they weren't, when they were together or separately in the same room. In a further step, the women were exposed to light pain in the arm with heat. In this way, it was possible to test whether holding hands had an effect on pain perception.
The result: the women suffered significantly less from the pain when they held their partner's hand. The pain was then less noticeable for the women because our breathing, the heartbeat rate and even the brain waves synchronize while holding hands.
5 reasons why you should be holding more hands
In addition to relieving pain, holding hands can also have other positive effects on your relationships.
- Everyone can: Regardless of whether you are a teenager or at 90 - everyone can hold hands. This simple gesture works always and equally for everyone. It's not just about relationships, friends or parents and children also hold hands.
- Welds together: Holding hands with your partner symbolizes that you belong together and are a unit. It shows that you are connected to each other.
- The first touch: When you start dating someone, holding hands is one of your first touches. On one of your first dates, your hands carefully touch each other, and on the way home, you place your hands together. A nice first touch that makes the heart beat faster.
- Memory of childhood: The hand of our parents gave us security and support as a small child. When we felt anxious, we looked to be close to mom and dad. The warmth of her hand made our self-confidence stronger because we felt: someone is there for us. Even as adults, this gesture gives us confidence and strengthens us.
- It works better hand in hand: Holding the hand of a loved one makes us feel that we can do anything. It strengthens us, makes us more confident and calmer.
- Why is it so difficult to learn spoken English
- How many genders are there in 2018
- How do schools deal with bullying
- Who was Ferdinand Freiligrath?
- How's the night life in Lafayette LA
- How does fear feel about BPD?
- What does Gandone mean in Russian
- Asian women find Asian men attractive
- Why are Tongans so big
- Is someone looking down on you
- May women workers
- What is the worst religion
- How was your life before Quora
- What is therapy
- Why did I become so still
- A GDP growth of 100 is achievable
- Meditation can be a source of anxiety
- Who was Walther von der Vogelweide?
- How is overtime pay calculated
- Is illegal immigration causing xenophobia
- How long can we live without reality
- Is code documentation a code smell
- Why do embassies not require passports
- Why are most gynecologists women