Is German sausage healthy?
At the start of the barbecue season | How healthy is meat?
At last! Spring is here - the barbecue season is starting again. Meat and sausage in all variations are sizzling in a cozy get-together. But: how healthy is meat actually?
Every German consumes around 60 kilograms of meat a year, so it is at the top of our menu, as reported by www.apotheken-umschau.de.
How healthy is meat?
Meat provides high-quality protein that humans can process well. Meat also contains important B vitamins and minerals such as iron and trace elements. The advantage of meat: the body can absorb iron better from animal foods than from plant-based foods.
But: Studies also show that people who eat a lot of red meat, such as pork, beef, veal, and lamb, and sausages made from them, are at increased risk of colon and bladder cancer. There is no such connection with poultry. If you want to use the health strengths of steak or schnitzel, you should only enjoy it in moderation.
Dr. Gisela Olias from the German Institute for Nutritional Research Potsdam-Rehbrücke: "You shouldn't eat more than 300 to 600 grams of meat and sausage products per week."
Does meat make you fat?
Meat is considered a rather fatty food. However, it has now slimmed down significantly. Thanks to targeted breeding and a different way of feeding the animals, it is not only much leaner today, it also contains less saturated fatty acids than it was years ago. In the past, there was an average of twelve percent fat in a piece of lean pork tenderloin, but today the percentage has shrunk to a few percent. Streaky parts like chops provide five to fifteen percent fat. Tip: Cut off large strips of fat before eating and make sure that you eat meat with little sauce, breading and frying fat, because these are the real fattening foods.
More on the subject of balanced nutrition is available at www.apotheken-umschau.de.
- What really happened when we were dead
- What's the best thing about sex
- Have sport replaced religion?
- Have any countries rejected the UN
- Is it worth joining NIT Srinagar
- Which wedding destinations are LGBTQ friendly
- What was your first revelation
- What are affordable 5 star umrah packages
- What strategies are fund managers pursuing
- Kendo How do I develop my Kiai
- Why do people underestimate their choice of profession
- What is the dirtiest business area in Uganda
- Is the kingdom of heaven real?
- How can I easily get logistics jobs
- Why are most of the people in India unemployed
- What is fashion for?
- Left Rhaegar Lyanna
- How do I start ethically hacking
- Are wigs hot and uncomfortable or not
- How do charitable donations affect the tax return?
- A euro collapse is inevitable
- How do I speak tactfully
- I hate god is so normal
- Why are pro Brexit supporters so violent