What's wrong with the Pakistani economy
Economy of Pakistan
The Pakistani economy is not one of the best examples on the Asian continent. Pending reforms, a rather weak government and flourishing corruption are just as serious obstacles as the tense security situation and the often inadequate infrastructure, especially in the energy supply. In 2013 economic growth was estimated at 3.6 percent, and in 2016 the economy grew by 5.7 percent.
Inflation in Pakistan
However, inflation has developed positively recently, which is also due to the price development on the world markets. This figure was reduced from almost 14% in 2012 to just under 4% at the end of the budget year in summer 2018.
Hospitable people! Anyone who discovers Pakistan from the inside out forgets all clichés and prejudices ...
Foreign exchange and budget deficits
The budget deficit in 2016 was around 4.5% of gross domestic product. This is mainly due to the support of various state-owned companies such as Pakistan Railways, Pakistan International Airlines and Pakistan Steel, which devour a large amount of funding. Nevertheless, the country has been able to improve significantly, especially in recent years.
Unemployment Rate, Employment Sector and Poverty
In 2018 it was estimated that approximately 21% of the population lived below the poverty line of USD 1.25 per day. In contrast, there is an estimated unemployment rate of 5.5%, which is not very informative about the actual employment situation. The percentage distribution of the economic sectors shows that Pakistan is in a development or threshold situation: 43% of the people work in agriculture, only 20.3% are employed in industry and 36.6% are employed in the service sector.
With the support of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Pakistan is to work on reducing its budget deficit, building up currency reserves and reducing the inflation rate on a sustainable basis. Structural reforms in the tax system, the energy sector, the investment climate and financial stability are also under way. So far, the country has been able to meet all of its obligations.
Export products from Pakistan
In addition to mining, Pakistan produces textiles, building materials, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, steel products and vehicle parts in particular. The textile industry in particular produces for export, with the USA, followed by China and Great Britain being the main customers.
- What is the thinnest archaeological find
- Why is the government of the countries collapsing
- Do you think Vietnamese Pho is overrated?
- Why do recruiters keep changing companies
- Who is the weirdest video game character
- How do I impress a Scottish person
- How good are bad software developers
- Which countries do most of the Israeli Arabs come from?
- Is there such a thing as love
- Would Indian straight men date bisexual women
- What is the most difficult school
- What would stop a bullet?
- There are nightlife streets in Singapore
- Is school a job?
- Why are politicians paid so much
- What are the things you hate about coworkers
- Who is a man
- Are Slavic people Turkish or Mongolian?
- How to cook live crabs
- How can I stop being a tyrant?
- How did your childhood affect your life?
- Where can I find a friend 1
- You can be a freelancer and collect unemployment
- What is the predominant wage regulation of the DOL
- Why do musicians hate pop music
- How do you say together in Portuguese
- What is the tissue level of the organization
- What is your favorite Brazilian food
- Why don't you eat chinese food
- Who is the best lush Hollywood actress
- What are the reasons for the moral decline
- What are the cons of fish oil
- How do you smoke heroin