How do you get mud stains out
Does your favorite pair of jeans have a huge patch of grass after a picnic in the park? Or does the light shirt have a green stripe after mowing the lawn? Getting grass stains out of textiles is not always easy. The green leaf pigment, the chlorophyll, is insoluble in water, which makes it so difficult to get rid of the green.
The tips range from butter to gall soap to alcohol, lemon juice and toothpaste - there are countless home remedies that should help remove grass stains. Not all are equally effective and some procedures require one thing above all: patience. And: the faster we take care of the patches of grass, the better our chances of success.
Lemon juice for grass stains on jeans
The good thing about grass stains on jeans parts is that we can wash the fabric at quite high temperatures. Many jeans can withstand a 60-degree wash. Treat with pre-wash spray and put in the washing machine.
If the stain is quite large and nice and lush green, we can drizzle freshly squeezed lemon juice onto the dry jeans and leave it on for an hour. Then wash it out and put it in the washing machine. Important: Test beforehand on an inconspicuous place on the inside of the jeans to see whether the acidic lemon juice is also dissolving the color from the pants.
Toothpaste against grass stains
Important: The toothpaste used must absolutely contain menthol, only this will dissolve the coloring agents and the whitening agents contained in the toothpaste will lighten the green stain. To do this, work the toothpaste well into the dry garment with a brush and leave it on for one to one and a half hours. Then wash as usual. Is particularly good for light-colored fabrics.
Remove stains with gall soap
Our grandmothers used it against stains: gall soap. It consists of curd soap and beef bile. And today it is no longer just available as a solid bar of soap, but in a liquid form that is easy to apply. Gall soap is a good way to get sportswear made of synthetic fibers clean. Work in gall soap and leave on for at least an hour.
Potato against green spots
Cut open a potato and work intensively on the stain with the cut surface, leave to take effect. This works well on jeans and darker fabrics, but to be on the safe side, do not use it on light textiles.
A mixture of sugar and water makes grass stains disappear
Simply mix two tablespoons of sugar with a little water to a pulp. Apply to the stain and leave for half an hour. Then wash as usual.
- Why aren't the students doing hard work
- Why are Americans unhappy
- Has there ever been a language called Dravidian
- Downtown Portland Oregon is safe
- What do 14-year-olds do
- How did China gain independence from India
- Are poles real
- Why is there so much sinophobia
- What does a neuro-ophthalmologist do
- How can business travel be less irritating?
- Where can I see the company reports
- What was your scariest train experience
- How can I start learning Arduino
- What tax software do most CPAs use
- Can the EU overtake the US?
- What jobs are there in architecture and construction
- What are some bible verses about mothers
- Why do Nigerians shout the word Hey
- Is suffering ever a wasted experience
- Has social media made society worse
- How things sneak into prisons
- Which foods are no longer eaten?
- How do I meet a transgender person
- Why does a loving God create evolution
- Is it a bad job to be a teacher?
- Think unconsciously
- Why is my father verbally abusing me?
- How common is vitiligo
- Which countries have the most dangerous hackers?
- Can a 14 year old love know
- What are the arguments for anarchy
- What do you like about gay sex
- Which European country grows the best fruits
- Is it possible to crush someone?