Why does Paris smell
Superstitious! This is how Paris smells at night
How does a city smell? In any case, one thing is certain: when the day bows before the night, the intensity of its smells increases and the city shows a different face. Nowhere is there so much magic in the air as in Paris. Two creators, full of love for aesthetics, have now created a fragrant monument.
A duo full of passion and ideals
Alber Elbaz was already responsible for the collections of Yves Saint Laurent and Lanvin with his designs. Until he left the latter fashion house after 14 years last year. Frédéric Malle comes from a perfume family that gave Dior fragrances its unmistakable signature. As a fragrance consultant for large houses, he observed that individuality is being lost. Since then he has been launching perfumes without marketing and for what they are: “A masterpiece of craftsmanship,” as he emphasizes.
Alber Elbaz and Frédéric Malle are now launching a joint fragrance. It should be a perfume like a portrait, reflecting the mysticism and fascination of Paris at night. “Alber was born in Morocco and grew up in Israel, he lived in New York - and is still the typical Parisian among my friends. The inhabitant of the eternal Paris, the Paris in gold and black, ”says Malle, describing his inspiration for the fragrance Superstitious.
Frédéric Malle (left) and designer Alber Elbaz
Superstitious - in German "superstitious" - is not exactly a common name for a perfume. But according to the two creators, it was already clear at the beginning of the collaboration. Like a magic, like an invisible spell, the perfume should wrap itself around the wearer. In any case, the title does not suggest a slight breeze. And one should be right. The fragrance is opulent, elegant, precious. The black lacquer bottle is adorned with a drawing by Alber Elbaz: an eye in gold on the atomizer.
The black and gold interpreted bottle of the perfume is adorned with a sketch of an eye made by Alber Elbaz.
Perfumer Malle wanted to capture the mystery that hangs on Alber Elbaz's robes in a fragrance. As a result, Turkish rose essence, Egyptian jasmine, peach and apricot velvet, frankincense, sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli and musk unfold their effects. Classic ingredients, none of them clearly recognizable. The scent should only leave a hunch. It's a bit like the city that was the godfather: everyone has an idea of what can happen there in one night, it cannot always be put into words ...
The eau of the perfume “Superstitious” by Frédéric Malle and Alber Elbaz is now available in different sizes from 50 euros, for example from Ludwig Beck.
The latest videos on Harpersbazaar.de
Under "Provider" 3Q nexx GmbH activate to see content
- Why should I become a programmer?
- What if you dream
- What is the employment situation like in Australia
- Is there any purpose in my life
- What is argot in sociolinguistics
- How do you build a global company
- What are the standards for industrial household management
- What is the limit state method
- What does pussy mean
- Why don't Malay Muslims pray in public?
- Which companies are leaders in sustainable technology
- Who is Saint Ruth
- What makes a good project manager
- Is Chinese food the best take away option
- Why do toddlers bite
- Why shouldn't people have brunch
- Is similar to Mexican and Colombian cuisine
- How fast has China grown
- Why is plaster called that
- How bad is terrorism in Xinjiang
- Will the pound sterling collapse after Brexit?
- Why do some gang members like the prison?
- Will the iPhone ever cease to be popular?
- Where do you get inspiration from