How often should an adult woman take a shower
Today without a shower? Can be done, does not have to be. While not taking a shower won't kill you, several things will happen to your body that are not particularly healthy. We'll tell you which ones they are:
Also interesting: showering makes you happy >>
Don't shower every day - what the consequences are
1. Bacteria and fungi spread
We wear around at times 1,000 kinds of bacteria and 40 kinds of fungi on our body. Even though most bacteria are good for us, we have to shower every day so that the bad ones don't get out of hand and make us sick.
2. Pimples arise
If we don't regularly remove dirt and sebum from our skin, our pores become clogged and blackheads develop. If bacteria get into the pores, the sebum glands can become inflamed. This is how pimples develop. The immune system responds by sending white blood cells to the site of inflammation to fight off the bacteria. Pus forms, which we perceive as a white spot on the reddened pimple.
3. An unpleasant body odor develops
Do you think sweat is the culprit that causes unpleasant odors? I thought wrong! The bad smell arises when bacteria on the skin break down sweat into its individual components. It is primarily the long-chain fatty acids that are broken down into strong-smelling formic acid and butyric acid that smells like rancid butter. Up to 30 bad smells are created in this way. If you can't make it into the shower, you should at least consider washing your cat.
Danger: Even if there are some arguments in favor of a daily shower, you shouldn't overdo it. Showering too often, and especially too long, dries out the skin as it washes away important body oils. A mild shower gel such as the Creme Soft Care Shower from Nivea or the Neutral Shower Shampoo from lavera is the perfect companion for your daily body care.
Showering every day despite atopic dermatitis?
The daily shower is recommended from a dermatological point of view - as long as the skin is healthy and normal. If the skin barrier is disturbed, for example in the case of very dry skin or even in people with neurodermatitis, showering and especially long baths should be restricted. Experts advise here Not for daily shower. If the skin function is impaired, eczema and inflammation can develop more easily.
Morning or evening - when should I shower?
From a health point of view, experts say it makes no difference whether we shower in the morning or in the evening. However, if you are very active during the day and tend to have blemishes and / or suffer from an allergy to animal hair, it is better to take a shower in the evening. This frees the body of dirt and sweat. Another argument in favor of the shower in the evening is that it has a calming effect and can relieve stress - this may also improve the quality of sleep.
Tips for taking a shower that is gentle on the skin
- Just as long as necessary.
- Turn off the water between lathering.
- Keep the temperature as cool as possible, around 35 ° Celsius is ideal.
- Too hot water, a maximum of 43 ° Celsius, removes important fats from the skin and makes it dry.
- Use mild, pH-neutral soap and distribute it only on the armpits and feet (only rinse the rest of the body with water).
- Clean your face with a mild washing lotion, but never with shower gel or shampoo. Both are far too aggressive for our sensitive facial skin and can cause blemishes and irritation.
- Avoid using washcloths or shower sponges for too long. They provide a breeding ground for germs and bacteria.
- Only dry gently after showering, do not rub dry aggressively.
- Apply a moisturizing body lotion to the skin to provide moisture.
Also interesting: bath additives for health >>
Hair Washing Mistakes: What To Avoid
- Why am I always thinking about a divorce?
- What are the benefits of being beautiful
- Will social security eventually be eliminated?
- Who killed Frankenstein's monster
- Why is Christopher Columbus important to the story
- What are the best genes to have
- Is the kingdom of heaven real?
- Why am I always impressed by others
- Where to find startup information in China
- How do Nigerian names work
- How big are pyramids
- Why could an idea be bad
- How cool is your husband, your wife
- India will collapse after PM Narendra Modi
- What are the benefits of employment
- Shanghai is cooler than Beijing
- Who are the best angels in heaven
- How long does drug rehabilitation take
- Why do dogs lick belly buttons
- Will Japan allow mass immigration
- Who are the widows of Uravan
- Which book teaches how to live life
- Aging people don't like young people
- Business people read books and why