Who is Major General G D Bakshi
India: Modi government for one year
April 8, 2017, 9:58 pm
A new business-friendly government has been in power in New Delhi for a year under the conservative Prime Minister Narenda Modi. She wants to massively accelerate growth. The expectation was that the country on the Ganges would start a race to catch up with China. But after a year of reign some hopes have evaporated.
Lunch journal, May 26, 2015
It comes as a surprise to the Indian public: Prime Minister Narenda Modi, the strong man of the country, is far more important to India's position in the world than to its predecessors. In his first year in office, Modi visited Europe and the USA, he was in Japan and South Korea and recently even spent several days with Chinese President Xi Jinping. India's success will make the Asian dream a reality, the confident premier announced in Seoul this week.
India's Narenda Modi wants to appear as an equal partner in the Asian power game between the booming China on the one hand and the USA and Japan on the other. His right-wing nationalist government is opening up to the USA. At the beginning of the year, Barack Obama was received with great pomp in New Delhi. At the same time, the Indian government is improving its relations with China, the traditionally unloved rival in the north.
In Beijing in mid-May, Modi pleaded personally for closer economic cooperation between the two giants of Asia in order to score geopolitically in world politics: The voice of Asia will be stronger when India and China speak with one voice, in our own interest and for all of us. Whether the 21st century will be an Asian century depends on what we India and China do together, argues India's Prime Minister Modi in Beijing.
Economically, India has a lot to catch up with compared to booming China. The prime minister hopes to defuse the border conflicts that have flared up again and again for decades with the difficult neighbor in the north through his charm offensive. The major stumbling block to Modi's geopolitical plans is Pakistan, China's unforgiving enemy and closest ally.
Major General G.D. Bakshi, a respected security expert in Delhi, thinks little of the Indian advances towards China: As a military man, I am pessimistic. A lasting friendship with China is hardly possible as long as China supports Pakistan militarily, so the Indian military expert Bakshi. China had promised Pakistan not only fighter planes but also nuclear submarines, to the great uneasiness of the military establishment in India.
When he was inaugurated a year ago, Modi had also invited the Pakistani heads of government to the celebration. Since then, the climate has deteriorated significantly, confirms the spokesman for the nationalist ruling party BJP in Delhi, Sudhanshu Trivedi: There are simply forces in the camp of fundamentalists in Pakistan, the very existence of which depends on further stoking hatred against India. The Indian government has been doing its best to improve relations for a year. But one of the main suspects of the terrorist attack in Mumbai 2011 is allowed to hold a political event in Lahore, for which there are special trains in Pakistan. This shows that the establishment in Pakistan is not only lenient towards terrorists, but is also complicit, according to the spokesman for the ruling party in Delhi.
Delhi throws Pakistan off support of terrorist organizations with the help of which Islamic Pakistan is waging a covert war against secular India. Prime Minister Modi does not want to reduce India's international ambitions to the conflict with Pakistan. The spheres of influence in Asia are being redistributed in the 21st century. With the nationalist Narenda Modi at the helm, India claims a place at the table of the greats.
- What a feeling that never gets old
- Is BCG bigger than McKinsey in India
- What are some nice medical terms
- How valuable is a doctoral degree
- Why is Ireland not part of NATO?
- What is a service blueprint
- Have facts liberal prejudice
- What plants do hummingbirds prefer
- What is the best resume parsing software
- Which country does Pakistan like
- What does authentic mexican food look like
- Why do we dream what we dream
- How do I become a hard-working teenager
- What causes severe pain in the calves and buttocks
- How does politics affect business?
- Is married to Sapna Vyas Patel
- What is a teaching culture
- Why is marriage not for everyone
- Do plants get cancer 2
- Software development company based in the USA
- Can I buy a taken back car?
- What secrets do INFPs have
- What does your Korean handwriting look like
- Are there housemen in India?
- When is an H 1B admitted?
- Can you actually read Russian in italics?
- What do average Hungarians look like?
- Where will I go after this life
- Which part of France invented the French toast
- What are the main accounting software
- What was your most embarrassing experience without clothes
- Why is the Oberoi Hotel expensive
- Should certain industries be subsidized
- Tech internships are difficult