What is the difference between school principal and manager
Job profile: Headmaster
The job profile: Headmaster
The job profile of Headmasters has changed significantly in the past few years. Some time ago it was mainly about classes and Organization of lessons in schools, that's how aspiring professionals become real today Management skills expected.
- Education policy measures of the ministries of education.
- In personal responsibility the Developing the school: Together with the teaching staff, they develop visions and a model that should ensure the future viability of their school. They are also responsible for the design and implementation of the school program.
- Further develop staff: You are responsible for the personal and professional development of your colleagues and see yourself as a promoter and coach.
- You represent the school as Idol outward.
- You meet administrative and administrative tasks.
- You manage financial resources.
- solve conflicts: School principals often act as a buffer between teachers, parents and students. They convey in Disputes and face a number of conflicts every day.
- Control building maintenance and any renovation and expansion work: You take care of tenders and negotiate with the executing architects and companies. This includes specialist knowledge and negotiating skills.
- Calculate costs and estimate risks: Within a certain framework, they can decide, together with co-determination committees, about the use of allocated budgetary resources.
The tasks of a school principal go far beyond those of a "normal" teacher. You are a teacher, executive, manager, entrepreneur and finance department all rolled into one. But that is only a rough overview of what needs to be done in the job profile.
The individual official tasks of the school management are in Germany in the different school types through the 16 different ones State school laws regulated.
What this range of tasks does with the Work life balance by school principals? The times in which school principals followed regular working hours are long gone. Today they are the representatives of their school at school, political and social events, are negotiating partners in economic terms and, and, and.
This means that they often rush from one appointment to another and often have to be available in the evening for representative purposes. In this respect, the headmaster's job profile is linked to a not-to-be-underestimated amount of time.
The chances for candidates on the job market are quite good. Since there is already a shortage of teaching staff in many areas, there are also improved opportunities for a career within the school.
How do you become a headmaster?
In any case, the path to the position of headmaster leads through one classic training to the teacher. As a rule, job applicants have already taken on other functions within the school management committee before they apply for an advertised position as school principal.
The School Act stipulates as a prerequisite for the office of school head that prospective school heads must demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to run a school. In detail, this applies to the following areas:
- Further development of a school
- Pedagogical assessment of teaching and upbringing
- Team and conflict skills
- Willingness to cooperate with school and extracurricular institutions
There is a special one for these areas Qualification, which comprises 104 hours of advanced training with theoretical modules and practical training units. This is followed by a procedure in which the suitability of the applicant is determined. This is structured differently from state to state.
For example, if you want to become a school director in North Rhine-Westphalia, you first have to do a so-called Aptitude assessment procedure (EFV). Since August 1, 2016, positions for school principals have only been advertised for applicants who have passed the aptitude test, which consists of four of the following exercises:
- Appraisal interview
- Case study
- Group discussion
- Conflict discussion
- Pedagogical assessment of lessons
- Project planning
Seven observers analyze the managerial skills of the job candidate after each exercise. Criteria are:
- Role clarity
Employer: Who is looking for headmasters
School principals find employment at the following types of schools:
- Elementary schools
- Secondary schools
- High schools
- Special schools
- Vocational schools
Salary: What do you earn as a headmaster?
The pay of the school management is tariff regulated according to the applicable civil service law. The amount of salary differs depending on the person type of school, federal state and work experience. On average, the following values result for career entry:
- Primary school (salary level A13): from 3,700 euros gross per month
- Realschule (salary level A13): from 3,700 euros gross per month
- Secondary school (salary level A13): from 3,700 euros gross per month
- Gymnasium (salary level A16): from 5,200 euros gross per month
With increasing experience, the income develops at the salary level A13 up to 4,700 euros gross per month and at the salary level A16 to around 6,600 euros gross per month.
Entry opportunities: The prospects for school principals
Whoever wants to become a headmaster today has good prospects. However, he has to be prepared for a very special everyday life. The range of tasks involved in the job is huge. Sometimes headmasters act as school finance minister, sometimes as plumbers, sometimes as educators, sometimes as postmen. It is not uncommon for them to fall round 60 working hours per week - for a comparatively low wage. As a result, many schools have no headmasters.
Application: How do school principals score
Which Skills should prospective school principals bring along?
These include the following:
- Human resource management
- Quality management
- Contract management
- Information management
- Resource management
- leadership qualities
- Professional competence
- Social skills
- Leadership skills
Career: The development opportunities as a school principal
Anyone who has made it to the school management does not have to have reached the bottom of the career ladder. There are definitely opportunities to move up. For example, there are higher ranking positions in the Ministry of Culturefor which one can apply as a headmaster.
- How does Bell Labs make money
- What do people in Ukraine usually eat?
- Are premium bonds a good investment
- How to design a commercial building
- Why are marriages not made in heaven?
- Where are all Facebook offices
- Poisonous snakes kill adult eagles
- Are checkpoints for internal border control under constitutional law
- Why is the Oberoi Hotel expensive
- What drives people to become CEOs
- Who still buys music in Africa?
- Why do husbands yell at their wives
- Why do countries not all use currencies
- Australia has freedom of religion
- What is a dark poem
- What were Gaijin during Imperial Japan
- What do you know about Algeria
- How do Egyptians treat the Israeli people
- Who lives in Goa
- What do you love most
- Why is Pisces
- Reading is still popular
- Why are most French brown-eyed?
- Can Muslims eat pork