How do I overcome a lisp
- When it comes to the other lisp - the tongue tends to slide back rather than forward - it is better to consult a speech therapist.
Do not point out the lisp too much. It can be embarrassing and the child is ashamed of it. This will make it harder to get rid of the lisp.
Treat allergies and sinus problems. If the child has a constant cold, stuffy nose or similar symptoms, this can affect speaking. This is often the reason when the child presses the tongue forward with sounds other than just the "S".
Try to stop thumb sucking. It's usually not too bad for toddlers, but once there are teeth it can move them. This can also have a negative effect on possible lisp. After age 4, find something the child can do to replace thumb sucking. Both hands should be used by the child. The child won't stop just because you tell them to.
Oral motor exercises are sometimes used in young children to improve pronunciation. However, according to research, these are not very effective when it comes to ordinary lisp. Even so, a lisping child may develop better mouth muscles. In addition, the exercises are simple and harmless. For example, drink with a straw and motivate them to play toys that they have to blow with.
Talk to a doctor about the tongue ligament. In some people, the tongue is too fused to the floor of the mouth. If the child is having trouble sticking their tongue out or licking their lips, this could be the cause of the lisp. The child doesn't always need surgery, but sometimes it is. The operation only takes a few minutes and side effects are “only” a sore mouth for a few days.
After an operation you need a few exercises. The tongue becomes stronger, language problems are counteracted and the tongue ligament does not grow back. If the child is still being breastfed, the doctor usually suggests that the tongue be gently pulled and stretched gently with clean hands. becomes.
- What does a mining engineer do
- Why is my toddler shaking
- What makes a person confident
- Are you living together before marriage
- Which year had the most human deaths?
- How prestigious is UC Berkeley
- Who is a fashionable person
- Split ends cause hair loss
- Why is pork tastier than other meat?
- What are some pizza toppings
- Why are female players disliked
- Is 9th harder than 10th.
- How is the placement at UEMK
- What is a food shortage
- How often do teenage girls really masturbate?
- Hire Amazon criminals with theft charges
- Why do some people abuse dogs
- What do Argentinians think of Americans?
- Is there a real estate bubble in Malaysia?
- What makes divorce difficult for men
- What is accent free pronunciation in English
- What is your favorite healthy food
- Can you sleep with headphones on
- Can luxury cars attract the wrong attention