Which country has the best rice
Food pollutants 21 rice varieties in the test: "unsettling result"
Toxins are mainly in the shell - and thus in the whole grain rice
There is a logical reason why basmati rice was usually convincing due to its low pollution and good quality - in contrast to wholegrain rice - because the shell of the grain contains vitamins and minerals as well as toxins such as pesticides and inorganic arsenic.
Kerstin Scheidecker from Ökotest knows: "In rice, the arsenic accumulates in the husk, in the outer layers of the rice grain. As a result, husked rice contains less arsenic than, for example, whole-grain rice," she explains. The supposedly natural products show the most pollutants.
Two products fail with "unsatisfactory"
One of the two absolute losers in the test is the fair trade candidate "Gepa Bio Basmati rice". In this case, this is also due to the composition. "The proportion of foreign rice is simply not right," says Kerstin Scheidecker from Ökotest, explaining the devastating verdict. That should be bitter for all those who dig a little deeper into their pockets to buy a fairly traded product. Mineral oil components were also detected here, and no pesticide contamination could be determined. The product was rated "unsatisfactory". "Globus Parboiled Natural Rice" was also rated as "unsatisfactory", as it had a very high level of arsenic and minerals.
Four times the rating "very good"
In the long-grain parboiled rice category, two products were rated "very good": the product from "Alnatura" and "Uncle Ben‘s Original Long Grain Rice". The best marks were also given twice among the Basmati representatives. The "Tilda Pure Original Basmati" and the "Satori Basmati Reis" from the discounter "Netto" were convincing.
Tip: preparation reduces arsenic content
Studies show that the arsenic content can be reduced in the preparation of rice. Arsenic compounds can partially migrate from the rice to the water when rice is washed and cooked in copious amounts of water. So, wash the rice in plenty of water, cook it and then pour off the excess cooking water. Then rice can safely be on the table once or twice a week.
- Are the people of Portland jealous of Seattle?
- Which initiatives address low health literacy?
- Is atterobay safe for cellphone sales
- What's the meanest Myers Briggs guy
- What breed will the Germans consider
- Why did Paul McCartney choose the Hofner bass?
- What is a flat plate
- At what temperature does rain turn into snow
- What is the classification of the computer
- Should I trust Alibaba and AliExpress?
- Why does 2017 suck music
- Which TMT bar is good for construction
- What are the benefits of RPO
- What is the root of misandry
- Bullshit is a negative word
- Everything is made in China
- Which is your favorite illustration book
- Most rich people are cheap
- When is mosquito season in Houston
- How is Ellen DeGeneres personally
- How can I improve my code base
- How do I describe your favorite dish
- Why was my au pair application rejected?
- How was your first semester
- How to become an NSA mathematician
- Is Sydney Australia good for immigrants
- What are medium-sized CA firms
- What are the Applications of Computer Vision
- Why do narcissists hate music
- How can I practice safe incest sex
- What do you say to a fraudster
- How do ENTPs manipulate people
- What is the most valuable thing to collect