Why is Matthew the first gospel
The gospel according to Matthew
According to the reliable testimony of early Christian tradition, the Gospel of Matthew was written by the apostle Matthew (also called Levi; cf.Mt 9: 9-13), an eyewitness to Jesus Christ, between AD 40 and 60. He presents Jesus Christ as the promised Messiah (gr. Christ) and King of Israel, rejected by his people. Numerous references to fulfilled prophecies of the OT, the family tree and the messianic miraculous signs show Jesus of Nazareth as the son of David, the Savior-King. The Gospel of Matthew is thus a God-given link between OT and NT, which shows how the message of the NT fulfills and continues the revelation of the OT. It reports on five great speeches by Jesus Christ, including the Sermon on the Mount (chapters 5-7) and the eschatological speech about the second coming of the Messiah (chapters 24-25) and deals particularly extensively with the kingdom of the heavens, which is also represented in parables ( Chapter 13). Like all Gospels, it closes with the testimony of the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ on the cross and his resurrection.
Bible text of the butchers Copyright © 2000 Geneva Bible Society. Reproduced with permission. All rights reserved.
- How do westerners perceive Indian men?
- When are you paralyzed by fear?
- Can you get AIDS from kissing
- How can i make my skin light
- Why was romantic love invented
- In what time were people happiest?
- What are the healthiest food combinations
- What are emergency lies
- Zero unemployment is a good thing
- People with NPD can be very impatient
- Who can not cook what is your best dish
- What is the best investment in 2017
- Matters strengthen relationships
- Skip breakfast
- What is mathematical chance
- Which accents cannot be imitated convincingly?
- How does the chef hire in Punjab
- What technology is behind Google Maps
- Australians like Indian food
- Can you grill a pizza
- Will the coming generations of children be smarter
- Have you ever been treated like filth
- How can I overcome insomnia 1
- How good is DRDO