What foods are bad for your lungs?
And since the condition of the lungs is closely correlated with the risk of death - be it from chronic lung disease, heart disease, lung cancer or other illnesses - increased consumption of tomatoes is certainly a very good idea. Also read about this: Lung cleansing drink. Please see the link below for more information on lung cleansing.
Only fresh fruits and vegetables work
However, it is not enough to eat a tomato or an apple every now and then. You should consume more than two tomatoes per day or more than three servings of fresh fruit per day in order to achieve the advantages mentioned (1 serving = 80 g). Processed tomato products, e.g. B. Tomato sauce from the glass, or fruit from the can did not have the same effect. Only fresh fruits and vegetables had a positive effect on lung health.
Nutritional advice is recommended
Study author Dr. Vanessa Garcia-Larsen said the results highlighted the need for dietary recommendations, especially for risk groups. People with weakened lungs or the first signs of certain lung diseases, such as COPD (the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), should therefore definitely receive appropriate nutritional advice.
Eat foods that help your lungs more often
From around the age of thirty, the lung functions begin to weaken - depending on the general condition of the person. If you now eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you can slow down this age-related deterioration in lung functions and repair lung damage, such as that caused by smoking, more effectively.
"Diet - as we now know - is an important way of combating the increasingly common COPD diseases," concludes Garcia-Larsen.
You can find more information on the positive effects of a healthy diet on lung health here: A healthy diet protects against smokers' coughs. It is important here, among other things, that sugar and white flour products as well as foods in general with a high glycemic load (= foods that cause the blood sugar level to rise sharply) should be avoided. We reported here: Sugar: Risk factor for lung cancer
Our database has a lot of healthy recipes (click)
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Garcia-Larsen V, Jarvis DL et al., Dietary antioxidants and ten-year lung function decline in adults from the ECRHS survey. European Respiratory Journal, December 2017
- Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Diet rich in apples and tomatoes may help repair lungs of ex-smokers, study suggests: Study also found that regular intake of tomatoes may also help slow the natural decline in lung function among all adults, ScienceDaily , December 21, 2017
- Romieu I, Nutrition and lung health, Int J Tuberc Lung Dis, April 2005
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Is Paul McCartney gay?
- Was Frank OHara gay or bisexual
- How does grief feel in words?
- Why is Pisces
- Chinese people eat silkworms
- Do we know what helicopters looked like
- Skip breakfast
- Which business will attract investors
- What are the benefits of eating beetroot
- Is the world ready for cashless currency
- Is Qin Shihuangdi really great
- Would you marry a handicapped partner
- What is important to eat for lunch
- A gap year is really worth it
- Pay soldiers for leave or passport
- How can I propagate a succulent?
- What was the worst experience you had
- What makes us trust God?
- How can I be the teacher's pet
- What's your favorite victory in civilization
- Why should we study Vedas
- What are the whitest names anyway
- What does an ideal society look like
- What percentage of Americans are tea totals?