What is the essence of romance
Robert Schumann | News | Essence of romance
It was not easy for the romantics. Music history had only just taken a big step forward with the Viennese classics. All of a sudden, completely new things were asked for, for example feelings which, in their demands for authenticity, went beyond the topoi of baroque representations. If you wanted to be an artist, you had to be ingeniously creative and no longer just carry out orders from princes and patrons. In short: everything had become bigger, more intense, but also more complicated. Some, like Felix Mendelssohn, had few problems with this, but others, like Franz Schubert, struggled with the errors of lifestyle or, like Robert Schumann, with the challenges of their own psyche and the surges of love. It was a blessing for the music world, because Schumann in particular managed to transform many of these intense moments into sounding impressions. He himself, however, distanced himself more and more from reality until he finally went into the anals as lost.
So it is only logical that on the occasion of the upcoming anniversary a collection such as “Schumann Gold” appears, which presents the composer as a genius of Romanticism. Combined on two CDs and with detailed and competent commentary, numerous famous pieces are heard in the best possible interpretation, which to this day are among the masterpieces of musical expressiveness. Among them are classics of piano literature from the “reverie” to the “arabesque”, played by luminaries in their field such as Vladimir Horowitz or Maria João Pires. Several chapters are dedicated to the symphony, such as the powerful 1st movement of the "Rhenish Symphony" under the direction of John Eliot Gardiner or Leonard Bernstein's interpretation of the "2nd Symphony".
From the multitude of wonderful art songs, excerpts from “Dichterliebe” and hits like “Der Nussbaum” were selected, which sound first class with character voices from Fritz Wunderlich to Bryn Terfel. Chamber music is represented with various movements from the piano quintet, the first piano trio and the first violin sonata, which are interpreted by artists such as the Beaux Art Trio, Gidon Kremer and Martha Argerich, among others. “Schumann Gold” thus offers a cornucopia of musical moments of happiness, in proven artistic and editorial quality and at an amazingly low price.
- What does the cooking school teach you
- Corporal punishment for my children
- How do you save money for retirement
- Why is GDP growth declining
- Why is overpopulation bad
- What do you think of Jagex
- How bad are labor rights in Vietnam
- Why is a typhoon dangerous
- Can a resource-based economy really work?
- Which headphones are better JBL or Skullcandy
- How many countries ruled Indonesia?
- Why is India's foreign policy so ineffective
- How much does hosting for overseas students cost
- Why do Swedes like to buy Volvo cars?
- Is 70K year good for one person
- TOP 5 PAYMENT GATE
- Handles 7 eleven third party checks
- Was Steve Jobs a vegan or a pesketeer
- Who is a successful man or woman
- Who is the best dermatologist in Agra
- What characterizes the Chinese ethnicity
- How can I make myself self-employed
- How do you deal with depression after the breakup
- Falun Gong is only banned in China