Who was Jacques Arnold
Jacques Arnold - Jacques Monod
Jacques Arnold DL (born August 27, 1947) is a Conservative Party politician in the Public Kingdom. He was the Extraordinary (MP) for Gravesham in Kent from 1987 when he met Tim Brinton
In contrast to many of his former Tory MPs, he fought for the seat in the 2001 elections - only for second place
Jacques Arnold was taught in schools in Brazil. before returning to England in 1968 to attend the London School of Economics, where he obtained a B.Sc. (Econ) (Hons.) Received. During this time he was chairman of the LSE Conservatives, the student society.
Jacques Arnold began his career with Hill Samuel & Co., commercial bankers, in the City of London.
between 1976 and 1978 lived in São Paulo, where he founded the representative office of Midland Bank Limited and acted as deputy representative.
After returning to Great Britain, from 1978 to 1983 he was regional director of Thomas Cook Bankers with responsibility for Latin America, Iberia and Africa, new branches in São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Mexico City and Caracas and management of large established companies in Spain, Portugal and South Africa , Nigeria and Libya. He then was successively Assistant Trade Finance Director of Midland Bank and Director of American Express Europe Ltd.
. During this time he won the Oundle Division of Northamptonshire County Council and was County Councilor from 1981 to 1985. In 1983 he was a Conservative parliamentary candidate for Coventry South East. He was chairman of Hyde Park Tories, The Conservative Team at Speakers' Corner.
He was the Private Parliamentary Secretary to David Maclean, Secretary of State for the Environment and then in the Home Office, from 1992 to 1995. He was a member of the select Education and Treasury Committees. He was Chairman of the Conservative Backbench Committee on Constitutional Affairs and Secretary of the Conservative Backbench Committee on Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs. He was a member of the Executive Committee of the British Group, Inter-Parliamentary Union.
He also became chairman of the Brazilian and Portuguese political groups and secretary of the British Latin American group. He was the official parliamentary observer in the 1988 referendum in Chile and also in the first elections in Angola and Mozambique. During the constitutional crisis of 1992 he addressed a committee of the Brazilian Congress in Brasilia. He was a member of the Argentine British Conference that brought the countries back together after the Falklands War.
Since leaving the House of Commons, he has been an advisor to a number of large corporations with interests in Latin America, particularly BAE Systems and. He also lectures on Latin America. From 2012 to 2016 he was Chairman of the Tonbridge & Malling Conservative Association. He is the author of two series of books: "A History of the British Constituencies" and "The Royal Houses of Europe", a genealogical work.
Jacques Arnold is married to Patricia and has a son and two daughters. He is Senior Official of the Brazilian National Order of the Southern Cross and Deputy Lieutenant of Kent.
- Are dash cams legal in Massachusetts
- Why are doctors paid so much
- Who is the best dermatologist in Agra
- Phil Collins is a good drummer
- Who were the least holy saints?
- Why should teenagers respect adults
- Is sausage made from beef
- What are some hidden gems in India
- Why is Chinese rice healthy?
- Can I adopt my sisters children?
- Which is better LLB or MSW
- Do dentists fear to visit the dentist
- What does your country's passport look like
- Project managers do a lot
- Women abuse child support
- What are the biggest problems in linguistics
- How is India an agricultural country
- Why does Naruto Boruto not train
- How long does love last
- Has a secret ever saved the world?
- How hot hangovers are in other languages
- Why do politicians intervene in the economy?
- What is deprived of India's youth
- Mosaic mirrors can be integrated into lights
- Why did you divorce your husband
- What are some sissy ideas
- What technological trends led to Bell Labs
- How many Americans can speak French fluently
- How dangerous is Indianapolis
- Israeli men marry Palestinian women
- What happens after a male vasectomy
- Why do we need a police force
- How exactly Joker thinks
- How can care for the elderly be disrupted