What is the British pronunciation
The pronunciation of vowels in English
Learn the pronunciation of the vowels in English now. Here you have to be prepared for some differences to German.
Here you will find pronunciation aids and descriptions for the following vocabulary:
The A. is often pronounced much brighter in English than in German, almost more like a German a. This is the case with a great many words in English.
random; easy (in terms of casual)
Because the letter A. is pronounced alone [eɪ], this diphthong also occurs often in words.
Space, space, space
The E. often becomes like a German I. pronounced, e.g. B. is called me me: me [mi:]. But sometimes it also becomes like a German one E. pronounced or like a Ä. Furthermore, the E can also appear as a silent sound at the end of a word:
[bi:] or [bɪ]
The I. is mostly pronounced like a diphthong, namely [a: i]. This does not apply to all words, but it does to most of them.
Kick; to step
As you can see it will I. pronounced as [i] if after no vowel sound comes.
The O is pronounced either as in German (but not as openly as here) or also [ɘu].
An equivalent of the English O The pronunciation [ɘu] is not found in German - so it is better to listen to this sound on the CD.
The U often represents a diphthong: [iu:] or [ju:]. As with I., concerns this debate of the U not all of the words, but most of them.
Tube, the London Underground
Here are more examples of how to do that U can still pronounce in English.
[bʌt] * / [bət] **
* If that but should be particularly emphasized, it is pronounced [bʌt].
** If that but is not emphasized, it is pronounced [bət].
The Y will be like a I. or like a J pronounced.
Layer, location, level
Way, way, way
The letter becomes on its own Y [waɪ] pronounced, exactly like the question word why (Eng .: why).
At this point we would like to point out that in Lesson 35 (Babysitting is the title of this little story) the ABC is auditioned in full and in English.
In the next chapter you will find nine consonants and consonant combinations that are pronounced differently than in German.
- What is the difference between efficient and effective?
- How does interest affect the stock market?
- What does it mean to freeze someone
- How to become an interesting communicator
- Chinese people eat turtles
- Education is more important than family
- Will drones ever replace fighter jets?
- What role do young people play in society
- Why is wealth a bad thing
- People read less now
- Rockefeller was the richest man of all time
- Is it illegal to threaten a fraudster?
- How to thicken ham soup beans
- Think bad grades affect students
- How do bars recognize fake IDs
- How do I stay motivated all day
- What is the salary for chiropractic
- Which Indian start-up is laying off employees?
- What is your credit score horror story
- You Can Lose Money Investing in Bonds
- Why do children hate vegetables
- Self-actualization pays back your mistakes
- Name some Indian restaurants in Germany
- How is scandium refined