Can rapeseed oil be used for baking
Cold-pressed rapeseed oil: also for the pan?
Cold-pressed rapeseed oil is suitable for cooking, baking and stewing. For frying and deep-frying, however, experts recommend "refined" oil (e.g. cheap vegetable oils from the supermarket).
When frying, a pan quickly reaches temperatures of over 200 ° C. Not many oils can withstand such high temperatures. Most cold-pressed oils begin to break down beforehand. You can recognize this decomposition process by smoking in the pan. For health reasons, fat that has been smoked should no longer be consumed.
The decisive factor for the “smoke point” of a fat is the composition of the fatty acids in the oil. For example, a high proportion of oleic acid increases the smoke point. Rapeseed oil contains a relatively large amount of oleic acid. It can therefore be used for cooking, baking and stewing. However, it cannot withstand the temperatures of frying and deep-frying.
If you don't want to switch to refined oils for frying, you can buy special, so-called high oleic oil (HO oil) in the organic market. This is a cold-pressed oil that still contains all the ingredients, e.g. vitamins and flavorings. The difference lies in the plant. It was bred in such a way that the oleic acid content is higher, so the fat can be heated to a higher level without refining. However, it usually cannot withstand the particularly high temperatures when seared.
Most of the HO sunflower oil is currently commercially available. The big advantage: It is very suitable for people with high cholesterol levels because oleic acid lowers the cholesterol level.
- What is Victorian Hypocrisy
- Why do Koreans eat kimchi with everything
- Why does Paris smell
- May white women, Latin American men
- People clean dishes better than dishwashers
- Why are perfumes so cheap online
- Where can I find prompts
- What is your hometown
- Who wins between Killua and Kurapika
- What are valuation multiples for technology companies
- Which fall 2019 anime is worth watching
- What are the dangers of P2P lending
- Why do nurses work 12-hour shifts
- Why have cities stopped building canals?
- How good is Cologne as a disinfectant
- What questions has humanity not answered?
- What is an advertising agency in Dubai
- What do these Jane Austen quotes mean
- How to write a pipe
- What is YouTube's CEO Salary
- What are puppy mills
- Where did the word crazy come from?
- Why is Generation Z so depressed
- Why does ghosting occur