Does the HR department actually care about the employees
HR department tasks at a glance
What does a HR department actually do? From recruiting to safeguarding interests to employee welfare - the list goes on Human resources department duties is long. After all, human resources management manages all of a company's human capital and uses this important resource in terms of corporate goals.
Forbes Magazine uses several studies to underline the importance of developing HR strategies based on corporate strategy. This enables companies to achieve their business goals and the Optimize business development. Studies show that companies can create competitive advantages with a consistent focus on employees. Companies that already do this are getting great results.
Personnel management: tasks and goals
In order to understand the functions of an HR department, one has to know the tasks of the HR department and what goals it is pursuing. In general, an HR department contributes to the company's success through personnel recruitment and development. On the one hand, it achieves this by creating efficient programs and workflows. On the other hand, HR departments ensure that a company complies with the rules and procedures that apply in this area.
The goals of HR departments are:
1. Contribute to the company's success
A company can only achieve its goals with a competent team. While the management or board of directors is determining a company's needs, the human resources department finds the right people both inside and outside the company.
2. Attract the best talent to the company
The HR department is specifically looking for the best specialists and executives in the industry in order to attract them to the company. This requires a carefully planned HR strategy and the activation of programs that are specifically dedicated to the motivation and well-being of employees.
3. Ensure a better quality of life in the workplace
As one of the most important Human Resources Duties she takes care of the well-being, motivation and development of employees. To this end, HR managers assess the quality of the work environment, for example, and create support programs and targeted incentives.
4. Increase productivity
Internally, the HR department monitors the productivity and performance of the entire team. In this way, she can identify potential for improvement and drive corresponding plans to increase productivity.
5. Ensure compliance with regulations
Ultimately, the HR department also for compliance with a whole range of work regulations and labor laws. Holidays and vacation entitlements, incapacity for work, maternity or paternity leave; all of this is regulated by law and must be strictly adhered to.
What are the HR department tasks in the company?
Fernando Arias G., author of "Administración de Recursos Humanos" (German: "Personnel Administration") defines human resource management as the discipline that revolves around the Association of employees of a company to ensure that the goals are implemented by both employees and the company. The points already mentioned and this definition show how important the Tasks in the HR department for a company are.
The personnel management knows the needs of the employees and takes care of all incidents within the workforce. In addition, it ensures a positive working atmosphere and helps to promote the well-being and productivity of the entire team.
The HR department is also the point of contact for employees who need help, advice or support. HR managers must therefore be familiar with the work environment and know the specifics of the company, each employee, the current economic situation and the job market.
Important HR duties
The to-do list in HR seems endless and the Responsibilities of the human resources department are broad. So let's look at the tasks in detail. You can find a detailed list of the individual areas in this article: Activities in human resources.
1. Human resource management tasks
One of the central tasks is the Human resource management. Their administrative tasks include, among others. the processing of employment contracts, wage and salary payments, permits, incapacity for work, annual leave and absences due to maternity / paternity.
This work is purely administrative work. This is not only time-consuming, but also requires good coordination between the team, employees and authorities, also to avoid errors and problems in the future.
Many HR departments use this for this Work still Excel spreadsheets. With a Human resource management software however, much of the work can be automated. HR managers can do that Time savings of 40% achieve.
Another ATask of the HR department is to recruit the best specialists and managers for a company.
The focus is initially on that Employer branding. With the help of this, the most sought-after specialists and executives from the industry are attracted and their interest in working in the company is aroused. Google, for example, has become one of the most sought-after companies in the world because of its excellent reputation as an employer.
According to a LinkedIn study, 75% of professionals actively looking for work find out about a company's image before applying for a job. And 96% of employers believe that a company's reputation has a positive impact on its sales.
If specialists have applied for a position, the next step is a selection process. Qualified candidates with the greatest potential are interviewed and the most suitable among them are selected.
HR software organizes this selection process, improves the applicant experience and offers HR reports and analyzes with just one click.
3. Compensation and employee incentives
A human resources department is also responsible for employee salaries and incentives. This includes the Calculation of appropriate salaries for each individual position in the company, taking into account previous professional experience, the standard market salary and the framework conditions specified in the collective agreement.
This area of responsibility also includes regular reviews of employee salaries, negotiating additional benefits with suppliers (e.g. restaurant vouchers or health insurance), setting goals and performance-related benefits.
Meeting employees' salary expectations is an important part of every Phuman resources department, also to promote the motivation and well-being of employees in the company.
4. Building a positive working atmosphere
The working atmosphere is one of the most important factors in a company, as it has a significant impact on the well-being and productivity of employees. According to experts, a positive working atmosphere can:
- increase productivity
- Reduce absenteeism
- Increase motivation
- Strengthen motivation
So how does a HR department know whether there is a positive working atmosphere in the company? One of the most popular tools for gathering valuable information on employee satisfaction, identifying problems in the company and making decision-making easier are surveys on the working atmosphere and employee satisfaction. These surveys can be automated and sent by email so that employees can more easily participate.
Creating a positive working atmosphere in the company is not too difficult. Space, for example, plays an important role in this. Various studies have shown that open spaces can increase company productivity by 20%. Natural light can even increase productivity by 40%.
In addition: 76% of employees rate the promotion of collegiality as one of the most important factors that make a good job (see Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health).
5. Performance management of employees
Assessing employee performance is another Task of personnel administration. The performance and commitment of employees for the company should be assessed at regular intervals. Concrete and measurable goals for every member of a company as well as a pre-determined evaluation system are essential.
Performance is usually determined using employee performance management software. A cloud-based platform enables several people to evaluate an employee and to collect different information. This enables the HR department to carry out a qualitative and quantitative performance assessment. We present performance management systems here.
6. Personal training and development
The realization of training programs that ensure the growth of every employee and promoting key competencies for the company in a targeted manner is also one of the important tasks of the HR department. This not only draws the attention of specialists from the industry to the company. Organizing courses and training, career advancement and internal promotion also makes it possible to get the most out of employees.
Ideally, a personnel strategy therefore takes into account:
- the current and future needs of a company.
- different training programs for the different positions in the company.
- a concrete implementation plan with courses, conferences, workshops, etc.
7. Employee / employer relationships
The human resources department also addresses workers issues and takes Negotiations with union representatives (if available). This includes:
- mediation between employers and employees.
- mediation between employees in internal conflicts.
- negotiating workers' rights with trade unions and interest groups.
- acting as a company or employee representative if necessary.
In principle, the HR department should deal with all disputes related to the company, the hiring of employees, the wage policy, etc.
8. Health and safety in the workplace
Personnel administration also plays an important role in the preparation and implementation of occupational safety guidelines. In many industries this is a particularly delicate matter, as it is about the health and safety of employees. Therefore, the HR department must:
- Take safety measures when regulations change.
- ensure compliance with regulations.
- Negotiate security measures with unions and employees.
Jobs in human resources
Due to the extensive range of tasks, there is no one HR job, but very different areas of activity.
- Personnel management (also: personnel officer): The HR management is responsible for the entire HR department. Her tasks include the development and implementation of a personnel strategy that includes corporate goals and thus supports corporate success.
- Recruitment: Personnel recruitment is responsible for recruiting and carries out applicant selection processes. It is particularly important when the company is looking for new skilled workers.
- Personnel development: When companies focus on the promotion and training of employees, they need someone who is responsible for personnel development. This area is about determining the personnel requirements and developing specific training measures with clear objectives.
- Labor law and payroll: Monitor personnel in this position, among other things. Payroll accounting, annual leave requests and permits, employment contracts and contract extensions with the help of special software for fast and efficient work.
- Osh: If a company operates in an industry that poses an increased safety risk for its employees (e.g. construction), an occupational health and safety expert is required to ensure safety in the workplace.
- Information and communicationtechnology: As more and more work processes are being automated, the use of software and other technologies has become an integral part of human resource management. IT experts should therefore be an integral part of a human resources department. Your task in personnel management is to ensure the smooth use of all tools.
- Internal corporate communication: Internal corporate communications professionals play a key role in developing communications policies in a company. Nonetheless, this role is neglected in many companies. It has a decisive influence on the attitude and commitment of employees.
Simplify your HR management with Kenjo
Human resources activities are not an easy task. With the right technology, however, HR managers can make their day-to-day work easier. Kenjo's HR software helps to automate work processes and Save 40% of the time normally spent on administrative tasks.
The latest Human Capital Trend Study from Deloitte states, "" A cloud-based HR platform (creates) the foundation for change and innovation that enables organizations to focus on more pressing challenges. "
With our software, you can free yourself time for what is really important: the people in your company. Try out the software and convince yourself to get yourHuman resource management tasks edit effectively.
- How can a person be with humanity
- How are you with your life
- What is the best company to trade
- How many Germans were drafted in World War II
- How is Saudi Arabia helping ISIS
- Is a letter of consent legally binding
- Who can help me skip school
- What helps your life go right
- Where is the McDonald's restaurant with the highest revenue
- Who are Turos' main competitors
- Why should I bother people
- What part of the brain thinks
- What do Indonesians think of the French?
- How does Uber hire a driver
- Is bed-wetting as an adult bad
- How does inflation affect the budget
- Was the Great Depression in the 1930s
- What crap is that under my toenails
- Is it really that bad to be an employee?
- Who are very good programmers
- How are businesses in Botswana
- How do I track a person's location
- Bombshell blew up Fox News
- Have you seen a manager get demoted?