What color should I paint my hotel
Color can do magic!
Color is a great design tool and can give rooms an individual atmosphere if it is chosen correctly. If the color is right, the room already has the right atmosphere. But if the color is not right, even the most beautiful furniture or accessories cannot compensate for this deficit.
Color changes the room
Everything in the room influences the viewer's sense of space. This is particularly true for walls and ceilings, as these together represent the largest areas. Each color changes the room, its proportions and its appearance on the guests. Every hotelier and restaurateur should take this effect into account when setting up or, even better, use it for their own purposes.
In this bar area z. B. the dark purple delimits the room optically and apparently moves closer to the viewer.
Blue expands spaces. This is reinforced here by the illuminated niche in the wall. The simple furniture is given more character by the attractive wall color.
Red makes rooms warmer and visually brings the walls closer to the viewer. But be careful of too much red in the room, it can easily heat up the mood. A good counterpart to this are woods in shades of brown.
Problem case tubular spaces
Difficult rooms can be found in almost every house. Let's take a long, tubular room as an example. In order for such a room to be more homely, i.e. to appear shorter for the guest, one or both of the “transverse walls” should be painted a much darker color than the long side walls. Due to this clear contrast, the room loses much of its hose-like character and gains in comfort.
Problem case high or low rooms
With the help of the ceiling color, the effect of high and low rooms can be enhanced or softened. For example, if you are dissatisfied with the low ceiling in your guest room, you can have the walls and ceiling painted in the same light color. In this way, the boundaries of space disappear, the space opens up to the viewer and appears larger and higher. This effect can also be supported with the right light staging.
If, on the other hand, you have a very high ceiling, which makes the room less cozy, you can counteract this with darker colors on the ceiling. Often two shades darker than the wall color are enough to achieve a great effect.
Sometimes the low, cave-like character or the lofty height is also wanted and should be retained or even reinforced. Color and its effect are part of the overall room concept here.
Problem case dark corners
There are dark, unattractive corners in many houses: in the guest rooms and entrances but also in poorly designed hotel rooms. The targeted use of colors (and light) can skillfully stage these areas and make a virtue out of necessity. This creates an eye-catcher that enhances the feeling of space without much effort. And many a cat table has become the most popular table in a guest room just because of this measure.
The right color?
There is a simple reason for using vague terms such as “light colors” or “dark colors”: There is no general recommendation for the right wall color. The right choice of color always depends on the concept and the light. Only the harmony of these three variables - concept, colors, light - creates a convincing room ambience.
Playing with the quantity distribution
It is Z. B. downright spectacular which causes a reversal of the quantity distribution of the colored surfaces in the room. With the walls painted white and the two red panels, the room expands. With the dark red wall, on the other hand, the room looks warm and cozy. The white elements emerge three-dimensionally.
Rendering Jürgen Opitz
5 golden rules for choosing colors
- Color always works whether we want it or not. Use them consciously.
- Color gives rooms atmosphere or ruins them with a poorly chosen color (also applies to white).
- Color can change the appearance of rooms enormously. Take advantage of this great opportunity.
- Color can set accents. Create seasonal highlights too.
- Color can turn unattractive corners into favorite areas. Gain additional space by making unattractive corners attractive.
Atmosphere, furnishings, bar, ceiling, corner, color, color design, color choice, design, volume distribution, room, restaurant
- What is a transatlantic accent
- What are some great Green Lantern comics
- Who are the most corrupt officials
- How are Australians as humans
- Which one has more growth marketing or HR
- What are some common misconceptions about aging
- What is blue economy
- What is traditional fermented food
- Which colleges in Hyderabad have the hottest girls?
- How can inflation affect the income tax rate
- What are some good escrow payment services
- Can teachers bring you home
- Why are veterans more conservative
- It gets easier 1
- How many Hindus eat beef
- Is Poland a homogeneous country
- Why is genealogy important to Mormons
- What are the characteristics of the Native American people
- Are polyamorous relationships common in Sweden?
- What is a typical Vietnamese house
- What would be your last feast
- Was Jesus a carpenter or not
- Are tater tots healthy to eat
- Why is Christopher Columbus important to the story