Why don't some people like to shower?
This is what happens to your body when you are not showering
Even if a shower is part of the daily routine for most people, very few have asked themselves What exactly what happens when you just do without it for a few days.
Showering regularly is an unwritten rule. And for good reason, as Melanie Liebmann from the travel portal “Travel + Leisure” and Mandy Kennedy from the online magazine “twentytwo words” explain. If you do not take a shower a little longer than you should, you can expect unpleasant consequences.
1. You're starting to stink
The most obvious reason why you should shower regularly is of course body odor. You not only sweat during exercise, but also during minor physical exertion, in the heat or in excitement. And sweat stinks. But not only that: The bacteria that are on your skin, but regularly release gases from fatty acids and proteins. These also smell unpleasant. If you want to do yourself and your fellow human beings a favor, you shouldn't be without a shower for too long.
2. Your skin can be irritated
If you don't wash, bacteria and dirt build up on your skin. These can lead to skin irritation and irritation, but also to pimples. This is exactly why you should remove your make-up regularly before you go to sleep. Your skin will thank you!
3. You can become infected with diseases
Everyone has bacteria on their skin - over 1000 different types of them. While some bacteria are good for you, some of them are harmful. If you do not wash yourselves, these bacteria will continue to spread over your body. If they get into your eyes, your nose or your mouth, you can become infected with various diseases. This is precisely why it is particularly important to wash your hands regularly.
Anyone who has already camped or has traveled long distances by plane will know that it is not always so easy to enjoy a shower. In such cases, however, you should always have wet wipes and make-up removal wipes with you.
Areas such as the face, armpits, hands and intimate areas are particularly susceptible to bacteria, so you shouldn't miss out on washing these areas regularly. A deodorant also provides quick refreshment in between. However, a real shower does not replace these measures. Washing yourself regularly is essential. The only exception: if possible, you shouldn't wash your hair every day. They can dry out and become brittle. A quick remedy for in between is the dry shampoo.
This article was published by Business Insider in January 2018. It has now been reviewed and updated.
- Is Christianity against gay people
- Can new immigrants get work in Canada
- Why are we disappointed in life
- Do women sexually fantasize about men
- What do the farmers do in the morning
- What are your unusual favorite candle scents?
- How valuable is a doctoral degree
- How can a C programmer work
- Why is genealogy useful
- What are some internships for chemical engineers
- What people don't understand these days
- What is the future of Adobe software
- Who are Native American people
- Why can't I stop crying?
- What are some fast growing game startups
- Are K-Pop idols dating ordinary people?
- Should overseas Chinese be loyal to China
- Do other people smell meth on me?
- How do you separate water from oil
- Why does India not accept immigrants
- Swims well against scoliosis
- Where is 32mm rod used
- New Zealand is like Hawaii
- Why can't Europe deport illegal immigrants?
- What was your strangest life situation
- What do the Chinese think of morality
- Who elects a board member of the company
- How many Indonesians speak Dutch
- What exactly happened to Jeffrey Epstein
- How does a portable bluetooth speaker work
- Is it possible to eradicate deforestation?
- Is Dragon Ball available in Hindi
- Which certificate must be confirmed for jobs in the UAE