What is the national dish of Egypt
Country cuisine in Egypt
Eating and drinking in Egypt is of very high quality. Because the food that is used for cooking is usually very fresh. Flatbread or rice are usually eaten as an accompaniment to numerous types of vegetables, because meat and poultry are not exactly cheap in Egypt. Olive oil is also very popular in Egypt, but it is not used as much as the Greeks, for example.
- Juices made from fruits or vegetables
- Karkadé (red mallow tea)
- Black tea that is very heavily brewed with peppermint
- There is seldom wine
Where can you find typical Egyptian food and drink?
You can get a particularly good insight into the range of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts or even spices when you walk through the markets and grocery stores. On the other hand, the abundance of meat products from sheep, lamb or beef is rather sobering. However, the range of fish is usually much better!
Anyone who is invited to dinner directly by Egyptians has of course drawn the big lot. This gives you a direct route to local food.
Eating rule: At least 5 small meals a day!
The breakfast is usually more Spartan than the other two main meals. It mostly consists of beans, falafel, mixed salad, sheep's cheese, scrambled or fried eggs or omelets.
The Main meals mostly consist of traditional fast food dishes, such as:
- Half a flatbread with falafel and salad
- Kuschari - A mixture of cooked noodles, rice and lentils
- Shawarma corresponds to a Turkish kebab with lamb, beef or poultry meat
- Firach - Fried Chicken
- Fried liver or fish
- Hawawshy - a bread or pizza dough that wraps minced meat seasoned with salt, pepper, onions, tomatoes, parsley, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, cardamom or chilli.
Also Desserts are very popular. The conclusion of the main course should usually not be missing. The most important desserts include:
- Sweetened milk pudding
- rice pudding
- caramel cream
- Umm `Ali - The mother of Ali - is a sweet dairy dish with raisins, nuts, coconut flakes and crispy baked bread or corn flakes
- Pure fruit jelly, with raisins or desiccated coconut
- Cakes and biscuits
Exceptions to the food rule
The Ramadan, the month of fasting is a big exception. Ramadan is the ninth month in the Islamic calendar, which is based on the moon. These 29 to 30 days of fasting therefore extend exactly over one lunar cycle. During Ramadan, no meals are allowed from sunrise to sunset. Breakfast can, however, be consumed before daybreak. The second time there is food after sunset and so this meal can turn out to be quite generous.
So and now that Special tips for those who want to be absolutely on the safe side:
- Outside of hotel complexes, Nile ships or upscale restaurants, fish and salads should be avoided.
- When it comes to sweets, it can be just because of excessive indulgence that you get stomach ache. As already mentioned, the sweets are particularly good specialties!
- Water should never be drunk from the tap. Only drink water from bottles with the original cap!
- Other drinks that you can drink without hesitation are various types of tea, such as black tea, chamomile tea or peppermint tea!
- Meat should always be well done, grilled or cooked through.
- Are Turks and Arabs the same people
- Cost of nannies in Chicago
- What is your rating of Montenegro
- What is the best brand of kombucha
- What is the British pronunciation
- Why does democracy fail in developing countries
- What are the effects of immigration
- Why is Tamil Nadu better than Kerala
- What do Australians think of Hong Kong?
- What was your worst outdoor cooking experience
- Can I leave my country when I am 16?
- How's the night life in Lafayette LA
- What is in the Koran about Islam
- How can code pendants be abusive
- Do women have hobbies
- Why is Russia so depressing
- Why is life so priceless
- What is the UK education system
- Can we eat bread when we have a fever?
- What does an SpO2 of 78 mean?
- What is dividend distribution tax
- How do politicians create jobs
- Can you grow a packaged car
- Is Paul McCartney gay?
- Should overseas Chinese be loyal to China
- Western culture disappears from now on
- Is Algeria closely linked to France culturally
- What are some funny perturbing animal facts
- May German Indian food
- How do you manipulate a psychopath
- Can I learn about SEO here?
- Can I do CA after an MBA?
- Why do people yawn loudly
- Is it important to take care of the environment