Kaengurus are aggressive
Ravenous kangaroos attack tourists in Australia
The marsupials attack several tourists in Sydney while hunting for carrots. The zookeepers warn: the kangaroos should not be fed.
On the grounds of an Australian hospital near Sydney, a herd of kangaroos, obviously addicted to carrots, has become a real nuisance. Several tourists have already been injured by the marsupials while feeding, as the local press reported on Wednesday.
A woman had to be sewn with 17 stitches on her face. Others had gashes on their stomach, back, and shoulder.
The several dozen wild kangaroos are at home on the premises of a clinic, about a two-hour train ride from Sydney. Several thousand tourists come there every week to see Australia's heraldic animals up close and also to take selfies. Signs indicate that feeding is prohibited. Nevertheless, the animals are supplied with all sorts of edible foods: biscuits and chips, but also supposedly healthy food such as bananas and carrots.
However, animal keeper Andrew Daily suggests that fruits and vegetables can also be harmful to kangaroos. "If a kangaroo has been given a carrot 100 times, it will come up to you and grab it," he told ABC television. The animals could then also become "very aggressive". "For us, a carrot is pretty healthy. But to a kangaroo, because of its sugar content, it's like a candy bar."
The parliament of the Australian state of New South Wales is now to deal with the kangaroos on the grounds of the Morriset Hospital. MP Greg Piper posted a video on his Facebook page pointing out the dangers. Feeding kangaroos is generally prohibited in Australia.
(APA / dpa)
- What are the elements of society
- Like yolk you yolk an egg
- How many lawyers are very rich
- Is loneliness a constant companion
- What are the benefits of eating every day
- Is titanium more expensive than gold
- How harmful are bleach and ammonia vapors
- Which saree material is easy to carry
- What is the ultimate spice
- Where is same-sex marriage illegal
- Why did Allah not make all people Muslims?
- How can an Indian settle in Europe
- What is the best choice in 2020
- The Flipkart Walmart deal was beneficial for India
- How reliable are Volvo cars
- What is the limit state method
- Anyone hates all kinds of music
- How good is Mauritius for tourists
- Are there forced labor camps in China?
- Where can I find DJ mix sites
- Why is China not on the G-List?
- How do I describe your favorite dish
- Hyperinflation causes a recession
- Gangs are a problem in Birmingham Alabama