Can fleas survive carpet cleaning
Fleas: how to fight the parasites
If fleas have lodged in bed or apartment, then humans and animals suffer. We explain how to fight fleas.
- In this article
- Where do fleas come from?
- How do you recognize fleas?
- Flea Bites: What Do They Trigger?
- Where do fleas live?
- Why do fleas bite people?
- How long do fleas live?
- How do you get rid of fleas?
A flea infestation including flea bites is not to be trifled with. After all, the parasites multiply very quickly and are not only an imposition for our pets, but also for us humans.
Where do fleas come from?
Fleas are usually brought home one way - through their beloved four-legged friends. They catch the tiny insects outside, for example when they encounter other infested animals, and drag them into the apartment.
How do you recognize fleas?
You can't really catch fleas with the naked eye, after all, the insects are tiny, only up to four millimeters in size. Rather, a flea infestation on humans, dogs or cats can be recognized by various signs. Probably the most noticeable thing: the beloved four-legged friends scratch or bite each other regularly. To be on the safe side, you should comb your pet thoroughly with a flea comb and then knock the comb out on moistened kitchen paper. Proof that fleas have taken root? Black crumbs collect on the surface, which turn reddish-brown in color after they come into contact with the damp cloth. This is the faeces of the animals, which is mixed with residues of their food (blood).
For us humans, the most noticeable signs of a flea infestation are flea bites on our own body. They are usually close together and in a line, as the flea bites several times until it has found a satisfactory area with a blood vessel.
Flea Bites: What Do They Trigger?
Flea bites produce a more or less pronounced itch in humans, which is often accompanied by inflammation when the bites are scratched. Fleas are also known as carriers of diseases (plague, typhus), but this danger has actually been completely averted in Central Europe today. Rather, flea bites can cause allergic reactions in this country, for example, or a tapeworm can be transmitted.
- Are temptations cat treats fatal
- How is Columbia's math graduate program
- Swims well against scoliosis
- All schools have bullies
- Which street food is unhealthy to eat?
- Are schizoids hypersensitive
- What are the best companies for industrial engineers
- What is needed as an HR fresher
- How do you feel like nobody else
- How much food is wasted in India
- Is it worth buying the iPhone 11 2
- Why do liberals hate modes so much
- How common is claustrophobia
- Why do the Chinese like to be elegant?
- What is a full body massage
- Why do western Asians find sweet
- Why are the people of Africa black
- How do you throw a great party
- How is ECE doing at BIT Mesra
- Who are illegal immigrants in India
- What is the reason for China's growth
- Are smokers attracted to other smokers?
- Why shouldn't I pirate Adobe products?
- Why doesn't VLC play Dolby TrueHD?