Who is above the CEO
CEO, CCO, COO: That's behind English job titles!
14 Aug 2014
UNICUM online editing
Not everything that sounds grandiose is actually a high position
Chief Officers, Technicians, Engineers: English job titles are in vogue, especially listed start-ups advertise for employees with fantastic-sounding job titles - always with the obligatory "C" for chief in abbreviation. But watch out: not everything that sounds grandiose is actually a high position. Ten tops, ten flops.
Top 10 job titles
- Chief Business Development Officer, or CBDO for short
The CBDO is responsible for strategic business development. It sets the priorities for investments in the various business areas. A really responsible job!
- Chief Content Officer, or CCO for short
The Chief Content Officer is responsible for the content of various marketing measures, for example the content of the company website. Experience in journalism and in public relations is essential, and CCOs often have an MBA.
- Chief Executive Officer, or CEO for short
In the case of corporations, the CEO is the chairman of the board of directors; in the case of smaller companies, the head of the company.
- Chief Financial Officer, or CFO for short
The CFO is the chief financial officer of a stock corporation, like a commercial director, who is responsible for nothing less than the administration of the funds and the financial planning of the company.
- Chief Human Resources Officer, or CHRO for short
The CHRO is the HR manager of a company or the HR director of a listed group.
- Chief Marketing Officer, or CMO for short
As Marketing Director, the CMO is responsible for price and product policy, a job that requires a lot of communication skills and a feeling for the wishes of customers.
- Chairman of the Board, COB for short
The CoB is the chairman of the board of directors, he calls its meetings and chairs them.
- Chief Operating Officer, or COO for short
The director of operations is responsible for the company's operations and day-to-day decisions. In order to get closer to optimal structures in the long term, you need a clear view of the future.
- Chief Technology Officer, or CTO for short
The CTO operates at the interface between corporate management and the technical department. He overlooks the state of research and develops technical visions for the company.
- Chief Knowledge Officer, or CKO for short
This chief heads the knowledge management department and ensures the future success of his company through a knowledge advantage.
Flop 10 the job title
- Vision Clearance Engineer
This is by no means about company visions, but simply about a clear view through the window. What is meant is the window cleaner, which we call glass cleaner at best.
- Head of Verbal Communications
If you go to "Pimp my Jobname" as a secretary, this is the job title that comes out of it.
- Non Profit Manager
This "manager" is a volunteer, someone who does not receive a cent for his valuable services.
- Revenue Protection Officer
You meet this officer on public transport, where he greets you with his standard saying "Tickets please!" to recognize there. It's the ticket inspector.
- Facility manager
The manager who keeps buildings in good condition is also called the caretaker. (Okay: There could be more to it. Anyone who would like to communicate this to us in eloquent words should write to: [email protected])
- Education Center Nourishment Production Assistant
This assistant by no means works for the board of directors, but as a canteen employee at most takes care of lunch.
- Environment Improvement Technician
One can hardly invent a more grandiose term for an employee of the cleaning staff.
- Media Distribution Officer
His job is quite meaningful, because without him you would have to go to the kiosk every morning: the normally poorly paid newspaper deliverer.
- Stock Replenishment Adviser
A shelf filler, nothing more and nothing less.
- Technical Horticultural Maintenance Officer
This officer is also a specialist in green plants: he means the gardener.
- Why should I learn Python in 2020
- Which country has the most modern infrastructure
- Why didn't Einstein's descendants inherit Einstein's IQ
- How much weight can an airplane carry
- What is the architecture job market like?
- How can I learn table tennis
- Artificial intelligence could develop emotions
- How do I avoid eating cheese
- Why is there a world water crisis
- What is the strongest type of wood
- How much do union truck drivers earn
- What are some driving tips for teenagers
- Uses NLP machine learning
- How can I get a job in Gulf
- Which city should I move to?
- Which countries have the same culture
- Has India accepted the Hausmann concept?
- Why are people born 1
- Could you manipulate a psychopath
- Are there any pregnant women
- How dangerous is Curacao
- What are the visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens
- There are prominent Papuans in Indonesia
- What is the salary for chiropractic
- How does the snake taste
- What is an African American
- Who is Saint Ruth
- What are classical music
- The US should get rid of patents
- Which country has no indigenous people?
- Do you know how to be alone
- Climate change happens
- What is your lunch time called
- How is life going 4