Who will host the G20 summit in 2020?
G20 summit Latest news and information on the topic
On this page you will find all the news on the subject of the G20 summit bundled. The latest news will follow below. First of all, read the general information about this important international meeting.
The G20 (abbreviation for "Group of Twenty") is an informal association of 19 states plus the EU founded in 1999. It represents the leading industrial and emerging countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, Germany, France, Great Britain, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, USA, Europe Union. The G20 countries generate more than 85 percent of the world's gross domestic product (GDP) and make up around two thirds of the world's population (source: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, November 2020).
The G20 sees itself primarily as a forum for exchanging ideas about problems of the international economic and financial system, but also for coordinating other global issues such as climate policy, terrorism, educational opportunities, women's rights and migration. The chairmanship of the G20 is held alternately by the member countries for one year each.
The heads of state and government as well as the finance ministers and central bank heads of the 19 member states take part in the G20 summits. Also the President of the European Council (under certain conditions), the President of the European Central Bank, the Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund, the Chairman of the International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC), the President of the World Bank and the Chairman of the Development Committee of the Organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD).
The most recent summits took place in Hamburg (2017), Buenos Aires (2018) and Osaka (2019). The Hamburg summit attracted worldwide attention mainly because the meeting was accompanied by chaotic conditions: Although around 31,000 police officers were deployed to protect the event and the city, there were considerable riots. Various actors - including many left-wing extremists - committed damage to property, looting and attacks on police officers. Hundreds of people were injured in rioting and police measures.
The G20 is often represented in the media - especially around a summit meeting, of course. You can find the latest news and news here:
Article on "G20 Summit"
- Can the Chinese feel free to live abroad?
- How much do investigators earn at the crime scene
- Why should one study LLM in Ireland?
- When did the information age begin?
- What does Kisama
- What are the strategically most important countries
- They are dangerous to bite bull snakes
- What are the Symptoms of Leukemia
- Why do people support a property tax
- How do I stop hoarding
- How is the culture in Norway
- What is the formal sector
- Why do I like to use outdated technology
- Is Socotra Yemen expensive
- The US immigration system is missing
- How many Chinese have you met
- What makes you completely useless in life
- What is the most interesting book
- Who has osteoporosis completely reversed
- Why Adhik Mas occurs
- How can the government reduce market failure
- What does an approved US visa mean
- What was the first MIDI sound module
- What temperature can the human body withstand?