What is civil environmental technology
All courses from A-Z
Inform, decide, participate:
hobit, TUDay, student mentoring, can I MINT?
The study of Environmental engineering is suitable for all those who have a basic understanding of complex technical and scientific issues and would like to use this to solve environmental problems.
Are a prerequisite for a successful course of study In-depth knowledge of the natural science subjects of mathematics, physics and chemistry. It is important for the students, especially in the first semesters, to be able to reliably fall back on a solid academic knowledge base in these subjects.
In addition, the students should be interested in the diverse social, political, legal, economic and ecological aspects in which all construction activity takes place.
In their professional life, environmental engineers work with different groups of people (craftsmen, interest groups, political bodies, municipal bodies, etc.). Therefore, in addition to a basic technical understanding, they also need communicative skills, empathy and a sure instinct, e.g. when balancing different interests. This also includes the ability to withstand differences of opinion and to be able to shape them constructively. Since people often work in interdisciplinary teams, the ability to work in a team is an important component in later professional life.
Finally, good knowledge of English or, if necessary, other foreign language skills are also an advantage, since environmental risks do not stop at national borders or since environmental technology companies may operate worldwide.
This works out. On this website you will find orientation and information about the first steps into your studies, important preliminary courses and the orientation week. Get to know the university, ask your questions and find support and advice offers.
General remark: With the Bachelor of Science the students obtain a first professional qualification. However, at TU Darmstadt the Master of Science as a standard closure. We therefore recommend completing a master’s degree.
Please note that admission to a master’s course may be linked to additional content requirements. This applies in particular to non-consecutive courses of study (i.e. with a bachelor's degree in a different subject or field of study than the desired master's) or for applicants from other universities. If you have any questions, please contact the academic advisory service of the respective department.
Environmental Engineering (M.Sc.)
Applied geosciences (M.Sc.) with a focus on environmental geosciences and technology
Energy Science and Engineering (M.Sc.)
Sustainable Urban Development (M.Sc.)
Regardless of whether it is climate change, dwindling resources, an increase in world population, megacities and the associated problems: environmental issues are becoming increasingly important. Without technical solutions, it would be inconceivable to cope with the pressing tasks. It can therefore be assumed that knowledge of environmental technology will have a high priority in the future, which should also result in appropriate career opportunities for suitable graduates of the course.
Areas of responsibility for environmental engineers are e.g. water supply and disposal, waste disposal, energy supply, urban planning from an environmental point of view, remediation of contaminated sites in soils, air and noise protection.
Environmental engineers can work as project managers, experts or planners, for example. They are employed, for example, in engineering offices, in the public sector, in development aid, in transport companies or in water and sewage associations.
Environmental engineers often work together with civil engineers, geodesists, mechanical engineers, architects, spatial planners and landscape planners as well as natural, economic and social scientists and look for a solution together.
- What is the tax rate for commissions
- What Myers Briggs type is Donald Trump
- Homosexuality was accepted in ancient times
- What are the top job notification websites
- Do hearing aids really work?
- How do you train your pets
- Which are good healthy Indian street foods
- Worli is part of South Mumbai
- How difficult is the A1 German test
- Christmas is a popular holiday in Tanzania
- Why did her eyes turn black
- Is Greta Thunberg Muslim
- Why are Bengali to be found everywhere
- Works right for a tobacco company
- Brothers in India fight over money
- How offensive is negative in French
- What is pure life keto
- Apple uses child labor
- Poor posture causes scoliosis
- Why should schools go digital and paperless?
- What does monocular vision mean
- What political problems does Denmark have
- What is the Maharashtra government today
- Is the angel of death good
- You can mix whiskey and Mountain Dew
- What makes Christopher Nolan's films work
- Will freeze 2 cycles of oil
- What are interesting topics in demography
- How do you deal with selfish parents
- Where can I buy novels in Chandigarh
- Will we see another recession?
- What are some valuable finds of goodwill
- When did the United States have hyperinflation?
- What's your favorite part of Christmas