What are some wise answers from students
Learn to be quick-witted: This is how you score with wit and charm
- What exactly is reparteeism?
- Quick-witted and confident: 20 quotes and wisdom with wit and charm
- Why are quick-witted people more successful?
- Learning to be quick-witted: 8 tips for a quick tongue on the job
- Tip 1: speed
- Tip 2: listen
- Tip 3: attention
- Tip 4: humor
- Tip 5: vocabulary
- Tip 6: communication
- Tip 7: intonation
- Tip 8: counter-claims
Do you only think of quick-witted answers and counter-claims when the situation is over? Just a minute, and even more an hour or a day after a verbal attack, quick-wittedness is no longer useful. It only works if you counter a charming, funny and confident argument as if shot from the gun. With our tips you can learn to be quick-witted and avoid unpleasant and embarrassing situations in the future.
What exactly is reparteeism?
Quick-wittedness means the ability to think quickly and always have a self-confident and charming answer ready. Quick-witted people react quickly and very appropriately to unforeseen moments. They are resourceful, humorous and very attentive, which helps them to counter verbal hostility or even disrespect eloquently, i.e. eloquently and wittily.
An example of a cool and quick-witted saying is the following scenario in the office, in which your boss throws at you: "Standing around doesn't finish work any faster!"
- Bad counter-saying: "Not even from stupid sayings."
- Good counter-saying: “To be honest, I'm thinking about the project right now ... Thinking is the hardest work there is. That is probably also the reason why so few people are concerned with it. "(A quote from Henry Ford)
This situation shows very well that you can go too far with a quick-witted counter-attack and risk your job. When it comes to quick-wittedness, it is not only a question of a nimble tongue, but also of the other person and your relationship with one another.
With a stupid quote from the boss, you should use more intelligent quotes with wit and charm. Below you will find a list of other well-known quotes that make your counterpart smile, can be applied to many situations and with which you appear confident and intelligent.
Quick-witted and confident: 20 quotes and wisdom with wit and charm
Quotes and life wisdom can be applied very well to many situations in everyday life in which you lack a clever counter-saying. Especially at work, a stupid comment from the boss can provoke, so you should pay attention to sovereignty, wit and charm in your response in order to stay motivated. With a clever counterattack, you have a positive and inspiring effect on your counterpart with happiness and satisfaction.
Here are 20 quick-witted sayings, quotes, aphorisms and wisdoms for motivation:
- “Nobody gets everything right the first time. What defines us is how we learn from our mistakes. "(Richard Branson)
- "In anger, people lose their intelligence." (Dalai Lama)
- “There is no failure. Either you succeed or you learn. "(Kevin Kruse)
- "Work is the best cure for despair." (Arthur Conan Doyle)
- "New paths are created by walking them." (Franz Kafka)
- "Pay attention to your thoughts, because they are the beginning of your actions." (Chinese proverb)
- "If you stop getting better, you have stopped being good." (Philip Rosenthal)
- "If you don't try, you will never know if you can." (Hans Kammerlander)
- “If you say A, you don't have to say B. He can also see that A was wrong. "(Bertold Brecht)
- “Live in the past when you want to be sad. Live in the future if you want to be fearful. But if you want to be happy, live in the here and now. "(Unknown)
- "Do what you want, but not because you have to." (Buddha)
- "Curiosity always comes first in a problem that needs to be solved." (Galileo Galilei)
- "There are two types of bosses: One is above everything, the other survives everything." (Werner Schneyder)
- "Detours also broaden our horizons." (Ernst Ferstl)
- "The goal of life is not to be a successful person - but a valuable one." (Albert Einstein)
- "There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." (Aristotle)
- "Don't think so often of what you lack, but of what you have." (Marc Aurel)
- “Live as if you would die tomorrow. Learn as if you would live forever. "(Mahatma Gandhi)
- “I know you think you know what you think I said. But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. ”(Alan Greenspan)
- "The mind and the ability to use it are two kinds of skills." (Franz Grillparzer)
Why are quick-witted people more successful?
People who can react confidently and quickly to stupid comments or attacks not only have it easier in everyday life, but also feel more secure in communicating with others because they are less afraid of conflicts or speechlessness. This requires a certain cleverness, eloquence and irony. Here are four reasons why repartee is so important:
- It is evidence of particularly good communication skills, which enables you to react quickly and verbally even in difficult situations.
- Quick-wittedness is particularly important in the job, as you can attentively and astutely answer questions and respond to comments in a meeting or presentation.
- In job interviews, in particular, quick-wittedness appears to be very confident and self-confident, which means that all professional doors are open to you.
- Charismatic and charming managers are always quick-witted, which means they can take control in any difficult situation.
Learning to be quick-witted: 8 tips for a quick tongue on the job
First of all, the question is: Can quick-wittedness be learned? The answer is yes. And it's even easier than learning the principles of a foreign language. So in general, anyone can develop the ability to provide quick, humorous, witty answers at work, at home or with friends.
With our 8 tips you can improve your repartee skills in everyday work:
Tip 1: speed
In order to be quick-witted, you have to be able to react quickly, which also means that you always have to have a suitable answer to a stupid saying ready immediately. The best way to practice this is to keep thinking about a word or statement that could provoke you and an appropriate answer. If you practice this for yourself regularly, you will train your reaction time.
Tip 2: listen
Being a good listener is important in order to be quick-witted, because the more closely you listen to others, the faster you can react. Quick-wittedness cannot be planned, which is why it is all the more important to always have an open ear and to counter quickly in the event of a verbal attack.
Tip 3: attention
A good counterattack requires a high level of alertness and vigilance in order to always be prepared. For this reason, you should listen to a particularly cheeky colleague in the office during his conversations and loosen up the situation with a quick-witted verbal objection. Not only will the victim attacked be happy about this, but the cheeky colleague will also learn a lesson from it.
Tip 4: humor
Negativity has absolutely no place in quick-witted counter-sayings, because that way you quickly appear unfriendly and take yourself to the disrespectful or insulting level of the attacker. It is far better to respond with humor and stay positive because that shows true strength and superiority. This is how you gain the trust of your colleagues, employees and superiors.
Tip 5: vocabulary
A large vocabulary can make repartee skills a lot easier, as it helps you come up with witty and clever answers. The best way to train your brain is to feed it new words every day. This will make it easier for you to express yourself eloquently and reduce your risk of being left speechless.
Tip 6: communication
Another great way to become more quick-witted is by communicating with lots of different people. This is about face-to-face conversations, because only through realistic exercises can you train your speed and eloquence and become more confident in dealing with others.
Tip 7: intonation
The sound makes the music - this is also the case with quick-witted answers. Because if you were able to say something stupid or in an unfriendly tone, your supposed quick-wittedness can quickly make you unpopular.
Tip 8: counter-claims
Probably the most important part of the exercise is learning to counter-say. At best, they come to mind spontaneously when someone verbally attacks you. Of course, you can also learn real quick-wittedness by looking at the humorous and charming answers of others and preparing yourself perfectly.
5 repartee skills: charming answers and counter-sayings
Speed is essential if you want to react quickly to stupid sayings so as not to look stupid. You can train and prepare quick-wittedness so that you appear competent and personable and also score points in meetings with intelligent and funny answers.
Here are some quick-wittedness techniques for every situation:
Technique 1: wait and see and contempt
The simplest technique that will give you important time to react is to wait. By confidently looking at your counterpart and holding the gaze, the attacker feels insecure and unconsciously compelled to add something to the hostility.
A good way to do this is to respond with just your body language:
- Shaking his head
- Raise your eyebrows
- scornful snort
- blow your nose
In this way, you signal to your colleague that the statement is inappropriate and collect sympathy points from your colleagues.
Technique 2: irritation and absurdity
Another way to react quickly to a verbal attack is by irritating the other person. Especially absurd sayings or idioms are the perfect answer, as the attacker does not expect them.
An example of such confusing answers, for example to the question: "Why are you coming to the office so late?", Could be:
- "Sorry for the delay, but first I had to drive the sheep out of my apartment that I counted when I fell asleep."
- "Yes, sorry, I accidentally got up today before my alarm clock went off."
- "In life you have to set priorities and mine is clearly on work."
Technique 3: approval and exaggeration
If you are quick-witted, everyone expects a cheeky counterattack. Precisely for this reason, it can be much more effective to make it clear to the other person through exaggerated approval that his comment was unnecessary and inappropriate.
For example, if a colleague throws at you: "You look particularly bad today," you could answer as follows:
- "I already noticed that. Since I started here, I haven't had a single night of sleep. "
- "My speech. That's why I'm so grateful that I can hide here in your office every day. "
- "Yes absolutely. My apartment looks even worse. "
Technique 4: humor and compliments
As already mentioned, humor is one of the most powerful weapons against unfriendly, brazen hostility. In combination with an absolutely unexpected compliment, the whole thing works even more effectively.
When you said, "You have gained a bit of weight since last year, haven't you?", You could counter:
- “I like your sense of humor. Honestly, you keep getting better. "
- “You are so observant. How about a better working atmosphere so that we can stay healthy? "
- “It's good that you finally bring that up. Anyway, I wanted to suggest that we do a little aerobics together in the office every day. "
Technique 5: Superiority and Eloquence
The last very effective technique for quick-witted countering a stupid saying is to demonstrate superiority through eloquent choice of words. It is also crucial that your answer does not lower yourself to the level of the other person.
If your colleague throws at you "You did not work out the project exactly.", You can react as follows:
- "Your monocausal articulation affects me peripherally." Which means something like: I am not interested in your opinion. "
- "Thank you for this constructive and extremely stimulating criticism."
- "Thank you very much. I don't even know which of your suggestions to start with. "
20 quick-witted and cheeky standard sayings for every situation
In addition to the five best repartee techniques listed here, there are a number of other answers that can be applied to almost any scenario. You can read through the following 20 counter-sayings and try them out for yourself at the next opportunity at work or with cheeky friends (be careful, irony!):
- “That's a very interesting point of view. Nobody asked for your opinion. "
- "Are you finished or is something else coming?"
- "Do you also exist in the witty variant?"
- "Unfortunately no Unfortunately not at all!"
- "Great flash of inspiration - you should definitely write it down!"
- "Thank you for the sympathy and the consolation."
- "Can you also say that backwards?"
- "Do you have any serious problems too?"
- "It hits me as hard as jelly now."
- "And how do you feel about it?"
- "Ey just watch out! I know where your house lives."
- "Thanks, I haven't even thought of that yet."
- "Well-intentioned advice from me: You shouldn't conclude from yourself about others!"
- “Stay calm with this opinion. It's good enough for you. "
- "Thanks! I will come back to it on occasion. "
- "I can hear you, but not understand."
- "You are really unique ... at least I hope."
- "Could you kindly wait a little longer with this remark until a point in time when it is more appropriate?"
- "I appreciate your courage and your openness."
- "As a bystander, what do you say about intelligence?"
However, you should be careful that you choose the right counterattack for every occasion. In most cases it would not be particularly constructive to give your boss an answer such as “Do you also exist in the witty variant?”. A sensitivity for respect and humor is required here, the limits of which must be weighed up anew depending on the recipient of the message.
As you can see, there are many different ways to react quickly to a stupid comment - and that can even be learned. It is crucial that you react in a charming and funny way, because this is how you earn the respect and trust of your colleagues and bosses. Another positive side effect is that you will probably be spared such provocations in the future.
Lillia Seifert studied English, sociology and interdisciplinary media studies at Bielefeld University. She has already published her own texts and worked as a social media manager while studying. The knowledge in different areas makes it easy for her to create texts with different topics. She supports the team at Praktikumsstellen.de by creating articles with helpful tips and information.Recent articles
- Can civilians own military aircraft?
- What is a beauty salon training institute
- I'll be sad all my life
- How is a hotel business
- What are SOS devices
- How does an NGO work
- How does inflation devalue a currency
- Meth makes people violent
- How clean is Washington
- What is an API Marketplace
- How is the job market in Canada
- How should I deal with a bullying neighbor
- Can you walk on the dead sea
- What is business economy
- How does moisture affect sweating?
- Which books will you read in 2019
- What are some good books on perspective
- How do I plan a video production
- Feel babies love
- How do democracies keep their power?
- Are old people treated differently?
- Spotify is owned by Google
- Where to Buy Fusion Speakers Online
- Can dogs find you by smell