What are the different web servers
What is a web server?
If you want to create a web server for your online presence, you first need a host with sufficient web space. One of the most common variants is renting server resources from a provider. Especially who little or no knowledge of server administration can use offers such as shared hosting or managed (cloud) hosting and thus set up their own personal web server. In contrast to a server with root access - where you have all access rights, but also complete responsibility for server security - With a managed server, the hoster takes on a large part of the basic administration. Here, things like security and software updates are largely taken from you; and yet you can equip the server with software as you wish. With shared hosting, you don't have to worry about software updates at all, but you only have access to the web space and the configuration options provided by the provider.
You usually rent a server for one monthly fee. How high these costs are depends on the performance and scope of the individual components - such as the Performance of the computer (CPU and RAM), the Web space and the Type of hard disk space (SSD or HDD). If you want to keep the hosting capacity of the web server flexible, you should use cloud hosting. Here, the performance of many components can be adapted to the current requirements of a web project at any time.
The performance required by the respective host components is in turn dependent on the Requirements of the website dependent: Web projects such as a small blog or an online business card can also get by with cheap or less powerful hosting packages. On the other hand, large online portals or Internet offers with a lot of computationally intensive web content place much greater demands on certain components. Furthermore, some web applications require a higher one Data transfer volume than others: For example, websites that provide downloadable content need a certain speed in terms of data traffic so that the file transfer is not slower than usual. But even if you provide a lot of files such as videos or music on your website, the traffic volume has to be right so that there is no server overload. To protect yourself here, you can get a package with most providers a traffic flat rate book. This guarantees that there is always enough capacity available for the data traffic.
When you have found the right server, you can go to your favorite one Set up the HTTP server software. However, even when using a managed server, there are some security aspects that you have to consider when hosting web sites.
- Why can't Indians stop buying Chinese products?
- How much do civil engineers earn
- How many people work in direct lending
- What is x if 4x 5x 40
- Cost of nannies in Chicago
- Should the sale of stolen goods be legal
- What's your shadiest experience in Istanbul
- How can I uninstall apps in Android
- What are the legal benefits of marriage
- What is a two-way universe
- How do we start a spy agency
- Still trust google
- What does Belgium export
- How did you teach yourself data science
- Has an online tax business
- Which poem tells of your journey through life
- Which countries have the best modern music?
- The bank will post a subsequent check
- Actuaries receive high salaries in India
- Why did Europe need Asian spices
- Why do auditors cheat the nation
- Westerners believe in reincarnation
- What does Gandone mean in Russian
- What is the largest aircraft carrier