What causes colorless urine
Urine: what the color reveals
Actually, you just want to get rid of it quickly - especially when you "have to" really badly. Urine is full of information. Because with it, humans excrete metabolic products, which is why the composition of urine says a lot about the current state of our body. For example, whether the kidneys are working well, someone has diabetes or is expecting a baby.
But even without laboratory analysis and test sticks, the urine allows conclusions to be drawn about health. Its color alone is meaningful. It doesn't just reveal whether we should drink more. It can also point out serious illnesses and help medical professionals diagnose them. Professor Christian Wülfing from the German Society for Urology advised the Umschau pharmacy on this article.
Urine - what is it?
- What is it made of? The kidneys filter our blood. What our body does not need or could harm is excreted in the urine - 1.5 to 2 liters per day. Urine is 95 percent water. The rest is made up of urea, salts, hormones and dyes.
- Why is it yellow? This is due to the bile pigment bilirubin. This in turn is a breakdown product of the blood pigment.
- When do I "have to"? An adult's bladder can hold about one liter of urine. The urge to urinate starts at around 300 milliliters.
Suspicious color change?
First of all: If the urine color suddenly deviates from the normal color, it does not necessarily have to be a disease. Often it is only food like carrots, berries, beetroot or drinks like red wine that have a short-term effect on the color. Or certain drugs: for example, amitriptyline, an antidepressant, can turn the urine green. Iron, on the other hand, makes it red-brown to black.
Interactive graphics on possible colors of the urine (shown here symbolically in the form of a test strip):
- What and how important is market validation
- JFK is the only Catholic President of the United States
- Should we encourage premarital sex
- Is it Safe to Freeze Chicken Livers
- Which doctor treats sciatica pain
- What is the meaning of youth
- How are calm people treated by others
- Can you see yourself dreaming lucidly
- Does the therapy really work?
- Pay soldiers for leave or passport
- Why do some people prefer to live alone?
- Are HR staff enemies of employees
- How limiting is an IQ of 80
- How many exs do you have
- Is a CMA course difficult
- Eye contact always means attraction
- Are FIITJEE CPPs good for JEE
- What is the Australian crime
- What are the most popular foods in Argentina
- Is Locanto good for personal service
- What is the best knife
- Can I eat rice with chopsticks?
- What if the endometriosis is left untreated
- Is the market value adjusted for stock inflation