Which foods heal wounds faster
10 healthy foods to eat after surgery
You are what you eat! This folk wisdom is well known in German-speaking countries. But only very few people know of the immense importance of nutrition for our body and consequently for our overall wellbeing. Especially after an operation, the consumption of certain foods can accelerate the healing and regeneration of the body. Which top 10 foods shouldn't be missing in your post-operative diet? You can find out here!
Berries are considered the superheroes of the food world for a reason. In fact, the so-called superfoods have a large proportion of antioxidants, which are known to have a beneficial effect on the healing processes of the body. The considerable amount of vitamin C, which can be found in blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, for example, has a positive effect on scar and wound healing.
Even if many like to avoid them, the colorful vitamin bombs should not be missing on any plate after the operation! The reason for this? The vitamins and nutrients found in vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, cabbage or even sweet potatoes provide a real recovery boost!
3. Healthy fats
To make one thing clear: fat is not just fat! What is important is the type of fat. Meanwhile, saturated fatty acids, which are hidden in foods like chips, chocolate and cakes, only lead to unpleasant love handles on the stomach, unsaturated fatty acids in nuts, avocados and fish favor the strengthening of the immune system and healing of wounds.
4. Leaf vegetables
Admittedly, leafy vegetables are not particularly popular. Vitamins A, C and E, which are found in a large part of various leafy vegetables such as spinach, romaine lettuce or kale, are true miracle cures when it comes to our body's recovery. A helpful tip: In the smoothie, the green leaves lose their own taste and can be enjoyed better!
5. Lean meat
Lean meat like chicken, turkey or turkey is a real source of protein and iron! The special thing about the nutrients and minerals it contains: They help to strengthen the muscle tissue and accelerate wound healing.
6. Alkaline foods
The consumption of alkaline foods after the operation primarily helps with digestion. Many patients complain of digestive disorders in the form of constipation and a feeling of fullness after the operation. So that it doesn't get that far in the first place, foods that have an alkaline effect should be consumed. These include, for example, mushrooms, seedlings and dried fruit.
Nothing going on without fruit! We learn in childhood how important it is to eat fruit. Even after the operation, you shouldn't do without the delicious and fruity vitamin bombs. The motto when consuming fruit fun: the more colorful the better! In particular, enjoying oranges, apples, mangoes and peaches helps the body regain its strength after the operation!
Bacteria make us sick and weak? Not always! Probiotics, a good form of bacteria, are especially beneficial for our digestive system. In particular, patients who have to take painkillers after their surgery can keep their digestive system intact and contribute to the health of their intestines through the additional supply of probiotics. Dairy products such as yogurt or kefir are particularly rich in probiotics.
9. Whole grains
An operation is no walk in the park! Many patients feel weak and tired after their surgery and have to take a longer rest period to regain their strength. If you integrate whole grain products such as whole grain bread, oat flakes or quinoa into your diet after the operation, you will provide your body with the necessary energy and get back on your feet quickly!
Last but not least: water! When it comes to nourishing the body, drinking water plays a major role! Many patients feel dehydrated and drained, especially after the operation. If you provide your body with sufficient water during this time, you are doing something good and bypassing unpleasant side effects such as a dry mouth.
- Regret becoming a DBA
- All boys just want a physical relationship
- Are schizoids hypersensitive
- Has there ever been a national language
- Why do some people abuse dogs
- How would you define a good job
- An owl will attack a large house cat
- Are you looking forward to Thanksgiving this year?
- The US immigration system is missing
- A fraudster feels remorseful
- How can I use a diving watch
- Why is life meaningless
- How does it live in London for foreigners
- How do payment processing companies work
- Why does something smell
- Is autism more common now
- How do I plan my home
- What is it like to live in Greece
- What did Egyptian scribes wear?
- What are the best letters of motivation
- What is the most pleasant American accent
- Which Indian city has the least traffic?
- Should I waste time studying international relations?
- Would cross dressing be accepted at Disney World
- Does the washing machine ruin your clothes?
- How well does Redbox compete with Netflix
- How are multi-storey buildings called
- Are Turks and Arabs the same people
- What is Canada's Minimum Wage
- Will America enter a lost decade
- What are the Best Thailand Travel Hacks
- Why is rape so widespread in Sweden?
- Is it permanent or temporary
- What is Usain Bolts running technique