Can dogs eat black beans?
What are dogs not allowed to eat?
Foods that are toxic to dogs
Before you share your treats with your beloved four-legged friend, please find out whether it is also healthy for your dog. An overview of poisonous foods for dogs can be found here.
Chocolate is extremely toxic to dogs
Be careful with nuts - these are only partially tolerable for dogs
Dogs are allowed to eat these varieties
Hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, peanuts, pistachios, chestnuts and cashew nuts can in principle also be eaten by dogs. However, you should fed only in small quantities because nuts contain many fatty acids that can lead to obesity. In addition, nuts provide the important mineral phosphorus, which is important for bones and teeth. However, an oversupply of phosphorus can stress the kidneys and lead to kidney disease.
There is also a risk of allergy with nuts. First test in very small quantities whether your four-legged friend can tolerate nuts. In general, do not feed too much of this.
Other foods dogs shouldn't eat
In this list, we will show you which foods are not suitable for dogs, as well as the consequences.
- Severe behavior disorders
- shortness of breath
- food poisoning
- Standstill of the cardiovascular system
Sweetener / xylitol
- liver damage
- Many spices are difficult for dogs to digest and can lead to gastrointestinal problems
- In particular, pepper, chilli and curry should not end up in the food bowl
- Heavily stresses the kidneys
- Particularly dangerous for dogs with cardiac and renal insufficiency
- Vomiting, cramps, salivation
- Increased breathing and heart rate
- movement disorders
- circulatory collapse
Also at Dairy products you should be careful. These contain lactose, which can lead to gas and diarrhea in dogs. Butter, in particular, can cause digestive problems, vomiting and diarrhea. Products that contain little lactose are e.g. cottage cheese, buttermilk, yoghurt or quark. You are welcome to put these in the bowl as long as your dog can tolerate them. Try this out beforehand with small amounts.
Raw eggs are only conditionally compatible for our fur noses. Egg white in particular contains the substance avidin, which binds the substance biotin, which is an important coenzyme in dogs' fat metabolism. Feeding raw eggs can cause a biotin deficiency, which can affect coat health or cause serious illness. However, boiled eggs are very healthy for dogs because the substance is neutralized when heated.
Dogs shouldn't eat these fruits and vegetables
Most types of fruit and vegetables are also healthy for dogs and are usually very well tolerated. However, you should be careful with some foods as they contain substances that are toxic to dogs. Often these are destroyed when heated and can be put in the food bowl when cooked in order to provide the dog with other important vitamins and minerals. However, certain other types of fruit and vegetables can be toxic to your four-legged friend.
Stone fruit kernels, e.g. apricots, plums, peaches, apples, etc.
- The kernels contain cyanide, which is converted into poisonous hydrogen cyanide in the stomach
- Disruption of cellular respiration
- Internal suffocation due to lack of oxygen in the cells
- Risk of suffocation or constipation
- Difficulty breathing or even shortness of breath
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Increased salivation
Raisins and grapes
- Ingredients can increase calcium levels in the blood
- increase in kidney values
- kidney poisoning
- organ failure
- nausea, vomiting
- High content of oxalates
Inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract
- kidney damage
- heart failure
- nausea, vomiting
- Severe, bloody diarrhea
Raw legumes, e.g. beans, peas, chickpeas
- Contain the poison Phasin
- Protein binds sugar and clumps the red blood cells
- bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract
Raw nightshade plants, e.g. tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplants
- Especially in green or sprouting vegetables
- Contains high levels of the poison solanine
- inflammation of the mucous membranes
- Contains the toxin persin
- Leads to heart failure and even death
- water retention
- To cough
- shortness of breath
- Increased pulse
- The effect of the ingredients on dogs has not yet been fully clarified
- Possibly blood-corrosive, carcinogenic
- Kidney and liver damage
- Stomach pain
- bloated stomach
- Increased salivation, nausea, vomiting
- racing heart
- tremors and convulsions
Onions / garlic
- Contains sulphides, which can destroy red blood cells
- Pale mucous membranes
- Refusal of food and water
Even with some Herbs you should do some research before giving these to your dog's bowl. The supposedly healthy herbs can quickly become dangerous for pregnant bitches and four-legged friends with previous illnesses (e.g. epilepsy).
What meat are dogs not allowed to eat?
Even though dogs are carnivores, there is one type of meat that you should definitely avoid feeding. Raw pork can be contaminated with the Aujeszky virus, which can be transmitted to four-legged friends via the stomach. This triggers what is known as pseudo anger, which is fatal in all cases. The Aujeszky virus is a herpes virus that causes inflammation in the nerves and in the Gehrin. This generally applies to raw pork and wild boar meat.
When heated, the virus's pathogen is killed at temperatures above 60 ° C. So you can feed boiled pork.
Even if there has not been a case of pseudo anger since 2004, you should exercise caution. This disease is very aggressive and leads to the excruciating death of the dog within about two days. There is no cure, so better not to take that risk.
On too raw poultry meat should be avoided, as this may contain salmonella. However, if you cook chicken or turkey meat well, your fur nose can eat it without hesitation. However, you should remove the bones beforehand. Poultry bones can splinter when they are eaten and cause gastrointestinal injuries. Cooked poultry bones are even more porous, so that the risk of splintering increases even further.
With our dry food, your four-legged friend will be provided with all the important nutrients:
The quantity makes the poison
Most of the fruits and vegetables listed depend on the quantity. Especially with puppies, old or sick dogs, you should be very careful and not get involved in experiments. The risk of poisoning varies from individual to individual. Four-legged friends with Allergies or a sensitive stomach can react faster and more violently than healthy dogs. But don't take any chances. There are so many healthy fruits and vegetables that you can safely feed them. Avoid foods that are potentially toxic to your furry friend.
Even dogs that are sick or under chronic complaints should not be fed experimental foods. An organism that is already burdened can generally handle additional toxins more difficult and will likely react faster and more violently.
As a general rule, your dog should be adequately supplied with all the essential nutrients with a high-quality and balanced dog food. You do not have to feed him supposedly healthy foods so that he is well nourished.
There are so many foods that are healthy for dogs. However, you should inquire beforehand exactly what is not tolerable for your four-legged friend and what can possibly harm him. Even if you mean it well and like to share your food with your furry friend, you're not always doing him a favor. If you want your dog to live healthy and happy for a long time, watch what he gets to eat.
- How high are the taxes in the Scandinavian countries
- Is Persia another name for Iraq?
- How can I get a clothes buyer
- White girls really like black men
- How do I heal my lordosis
- What is the future of Adobe software
- Are the people in Portland OR friendly
- What does consumption mean
- What is the difference between teenagers and teenagers
- How do plumbers use science
- Why don't haters like successful people
- How do I sell shares in buyback
- What are the best event management companies
- What is active
- All Chinese restaurants have secret menus
- What does Chutiye
- Which foods strengthen the immunity of older people
- How important is time to me
- What are your experiences of leaving Islam
- What is inflation What are its causes
- What are the best offshore banks
- What is the national dish in America
- Is PewDiePie a good role model
- Unsharpened swords can cut you
- Why did you move to South Korea
- Can read deaf people
- The American dream kills us
- What can you say about Frozen 2?
- How can a C programmer work
- What snakes are good to eat
- What are the symptoms of sepsis
- How do I know a fraudster?
- How does one narcissist deal with another narcissist