What's in Nunavut Canada
North America's northern tip is a land of incredible natural beauty, endless space, fascinating inhabitants and countless wild animals. We are talking about Nunavut, which can be translated from the Inuit language as "our country".
Nunavut was only founded in 1999 and is Canada's youngest and least touristy province. Mostly from Inuit inhabited, the region extends from the Hudson Bay until North Pole and attracts adventurers with ice climbing or fjord tours in the Arctic.
North of Hudson Bay lies Baffin Island as a 1,500 km long island, which impresses with its fjord coast and the up to 2,000 m high glacier mountains. Iqualit, the capital, is the starting point for tours - between May and June, when the ice breaks and whales, bears, walruses, seals and birds sunbathe.
Camping, dog sledding, sport fishing, whale watching, kayaking through deep fjords, trekking and climbing from Pangnirtung im Auyuittuq National Park or kite skiing across the wide ice is the order of the day.
The culture of the region can be seen in the Nunatta Sunakkutaangit Museum or that Qaummaarviit Historic Park discover.
Official homepages: www.nunavuttourism.com
Text: Profi Reisen Verlag
Photos: © Canadian Tourism Commission
- Why are students so smart about teachers
- Can NRIs renew their passport in India?
- What is the scope of pharmaceutical management
- What fashion is popular with Chinese teenagers
- What are some dangerous military weapons
- What can you achieve when you are unemployed
- How can you be a successful musician
- How should you behave towards your employees
- Where can I buy a smart speaker?
- Accents are important when speaking
- What is an AirPods charging case
- Can we transfer money through Amazon
- Is it safe to use password manager
- How can we improve our tax system?
- Like the life of an architect in Australia
- Modi receives unwanted love from people
- What is the Jewish population in Singapore
- Was Jesus a carpenter or not
- What is the most interesting pizza topping
- Has Hong Kong citizenship of a city
- How long does a human generation last
- Should I hire a private investigator?
- How do UK universities attract international students?
- You were the hated sibling
- How did Islam spread?
- How can I learn about Santeria
- Which country has the cutest women
- What is social capitalism
- How does Uber hire a driver
- Have you ever been petted in public?
- Which three foods do you love the most?
- What are the ideal BTS looks
- The Bible is a white book for men
- Let people get an Open University degree