How did you do your first 100 km
How to make your first 10 kilometers - My best tips for your training [with podcast # 12]
Tips for your 10-kilometer training plan
Exercise three times a week
If you want to run your first 10 kilometers or improve your time, you should do one thing above all: run regularly! There's no point in training five times one week and only running once the next. Regularity is the key to building endurance and increasing your pace.
My recommendation: That's why you should try to go running three times a week. If you only have two training units per week, add up the weeks of your training plan.
Make your training varied
Boredom in the training plan brings frustration! And frustration leads to you losing sight of your goal. So make sure that you make your training sessions as varied as possible. So short and long runs should alternate. It is usually recommended that a training plan be structured as follows:
- 1 run that increases weekly
- 1 leisurely run at a comfortable pace
- 1 technique or progression run
In this way you vary the intensity of the runs and set different training stimuli. This is important so that, on the one hand, you get out of your comfort zone, running becomes more varied and you can improve yourself.
Gradually increase your running quota
You will reach your 10-kilometer goal by gradually increasing your running workload. You will not increase from 5 to 7 kilometers from today. Many training plans recommend increasing by 10% weekly. With currently 30 minutes that would be 5 minutes per week. If you do that for 8 weeks, you run for 70 minutes in a row and you will probably break the 10 kilometer mark.
It is important to me to emphasize once again that you gradually increase the training length, because this way you have the positive effect of sticking with it at the same time.
Incorporate long, slow runs
For the runs in which you increase your workload, you should run as slowly as possible. The well-known long endurance runs can be mentioned here. These are not only available for half marathon and marathon training, but also for the 10-kilometer training plan. They lay the foundation for your basic endurance.
→ Reading tip: The best tips for long endurance runs
Optimize your speed training
Did you know that sprinting regularly also makes you faster in the long run? No joke and a brilliant thing in my opinion. Sprinting means that you run in first and then look for either a track or the straightest route possible and run as fast as possible. You can start with 100 meters and repeat this several times.
→ Reading tip: Increase your running pace
Practice your running technique
What does the ABC have to do with running and health? EVERYTHING!
Behind the running ABC there are basic technical exercises that, as basic training, contribute to the development of your strength and joint-friendly and thus economical running style.
Hui, was that very theoretical now? In the end, it means in good German that the running ABC will help you improve your running style in the long run. These exercises can help you get faster or, if you have a rather clumsy running style, bring ease.
It is important to realize that running effectively is not just about “collecting kilometers”, but also about improving style and running more economically.
→ Video tip: Running ABC
Running training is more than just running
You can recognize a good runner by the fact that he not only runs, but also values strength training. Running itself is quite a one-sided thing, so regularly integrate other sports into your training. Above all, strength and stabilization training should not be neglected. You can also insert such units directly after your running unit.
→ Reading tip: 5 recreational sports and how you can easily integrate them into your everyday life
→ Workout tip: 10-minute full-body workout without equipment
Don't forget to stretch
Athletes and experts alike disagree about whether stretching is good or bad for running. For me, one thing is certain: stretching is always good for me after running and that's why I recommend it! When you stretch, the muscles relax and your head also perceives the unit as a more pleasant end of training after running. You should make sure that you do the exercises properly.
Include regeneration days as well
Almost at the end a tip with a big effect: Regenerate! There should always be at least a day's break between your runs. The reason? Rest breaks and days off from training are extremely important for your body to recharge the batteries and get fit for your next sports session.
- Are the Chinese nationalistic
- How do I code well
- Food Blogging Helps You Make Money
- What are the examples of relationship goals
- How to cook coquina clams
- Which companies employ Code Academy graduates?
- What is the corporate culture at EnerNOC
- Modern values ruin traditional marriages
- How does someone swallow his tongue
- What was Nokia's biggest mistake
- Have you ever worked for a celebrity
- Are the World Cup nines on TV
- How do the Poles see the British
- Why are cultural conflicts difficult to resolve
- Which occupation has the highest average IQ
- Is skipping breakfast bad for the students?
- What was your worst high school date
- How much do churches earn with tithing
- Which schools are better DPS or Narayana
- 10M is enough to retire
- How well does Redbox compete with Netflix
- How do I become a health economist
- How do I become the richest man
- How to make Turkish coffee
- What is your notice period
- What is sustainable development growth
- What are the reasons for the moral decline
- What were Elvis political views
- Why is American wealth not taxed?
- What if the roles of men and women are different
- What are the most popular seafood pasta recipes
- Are teenagers like crying babies
- How did you get into dating
- When should I learn Git