Is bread pudding a healthy food
Bread pudding with cranberries | recipe
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 60 g breadcrumbs
- 80 g dried cranberries
- Butter, breadcrumbs f. D. shape
- 250 ml of cranberry juice
- 1 heaped tablespoon cornstarch
- 40 g dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 250 g toast bread
- 375 ml of milk
- 50 g walnuts
- 2 eggs (M)
- 100 g soft butter
- 50 grams of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
Bread pudding with cranberries - preparation:
1. If necessary, debark the toast and cut into cubes. Heat the milk and pour over the bread cubes. Let it steep for 20-30 minutes. Finely chop walnuts.
2. Separate eggs. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually stir the butter with the sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and egg yolk until creamy. Stir in the soaked toast, walnuts and breadcrumbs. Subject the egg whites and the Cranberries subdivide. Brush a spring cake tin (approx. 1 liter or a pudding tin with a lid) with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Pour in the bread mixture and seal the mold well with aluminum foil. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Place the mold in it. Put the lid on and cook the pudding in gently simmering water for about 45 minutes.
3. Bring the cranberry juice to the boil. Whisk the starch with a little cold water. Stir into the juice and bring to the boil once. Add the cranberries and allow to cool.
4. Remove the pudding from the water bath. Let cool for 10 minutes and then turn the pudding out onto a platter. Cut the pudding into slices and serve with the cranberry sauce.
Preparation time: about 90 minutes
Nutritional information per serving:
Energy: 535 kcal, 2242 kJ
Carbohydrates: 70 g
Protein: 10.2 g
Fat: 24.4 g
Many thanks to Ms. Annemarie G. from Salzburg, who sent us this delicious recipe!
Tip: If you want to give the pudding a very special touch, you can prepare it with a caramel coating. To do this, however, the springform pan must first be lined with aluminum foil. Then bring to the boil in a saucepan of 115 g sugar and 3 tablespoons water and make caramel. As soon as it is light brown, remove it from the heat immediately, pour it into the springform pan and distribute it. Now pour the mixture into the mold and smooth it out.
Instead of being prepared in a water bath Bread pudding with a caramel coating (Budino glassato di pane, actually a classic Italian recipe) in the oven too. To do this, preheat the oven to 190 ° C. Then bake the finished mass for 45 minutes, then reduce the heat to 150 ° C and bake for another 15 minutes. After removing it, prick the hot pudding several times with a fork and drizzle with a little rum. Then turn the pudding out of the mold and pierce the caramel crust and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of rum.
Nutritional information: Bread pudding consists mainly of stale bread; Traditionally, white bread is mainly used, which is soaked in milk and then prepared into a pudding with spices and sometimes other ingredients. Bread pudding is cooked in a pudding pan sprinkled with breadcrumbs in a water bath or in the oven. This “pudding” has nothing to do with the dessert cream, which is made from cornstarch (pudding powder), but rather corresponds in its preparation to the original English pudding (a dish prepared in a form in a boiling water bath).
By using stale bread or cake - leftover, formerly fresh food - bread pudding is a classic leftover food, but this does not detract from culinary enjoyment.
Photo reference: unless otherwise stated, photo credit by Fotolia.com (or Adobe Stock)
- Recipe: semolina pudding with eggnog
- Recipe: curd dumplings with cranberry sauce
- Recipe: apple and raisin fritters
- Recipe: blueberry pancakes with vanilla sauce
- Panna cotta, pudding, flan | Cooking guide
- Desserts and desserts recipes
- Disciplined children with belts bad parenting
- Why is atheism not enough
- What if Venezuela invaded Colombia?
- What can guarantee happiness in life
- Are there schools in New Zealand
- How Much Dental Veneers Cost in India
- Is Australia good for construction management
- Ask tech companies about your GPA
- How justified is premarital sex
- Can I watch a trial in court?
- What makes you young and alive
- How is homework beneficial
- What is the formal sector
- What are the exercises during pregnancy
- When do I need a child
- How can people still afford to live?
- What to do in Varanasi
- How do Egyptians treat the Israeli people
- What is learned from entrepreneurship
- How is life in Marietta
- Has TCS stopped adjusting
- How can I define loneliness
- Deloitte is a Fortune 500 company
- Do you have plastic money
- How is grouting
- What are the mind-boggling personality traits
- Why do people like to fly
- What is marital rape
- Why did a lot of people vote for Trump?
- Is dosa a healthy food
- What is the brutal truth about engineers
- Where does HR recruit employees from
- Is algebraic geometry or algebraic topology more difficult
- Who is the richest person in Belgaum