Is drinking tap water risky
Can you drink tap water?
Drinking water is the number one foodstuff. In order for people to be able to safely drink tap water, it must be free of harmful substances and pathogens. Therefore, groundwater, reservoir water or river water are first turned into drinking water through various treatment processes in the waterworks. Where rivers flow past cities, household chemicals and medicines also get into the water.
But that doesn't mean that drinking water obtained from rivers is necessarily worse. Because the quality of tap water is specified by the Drinking Water Ordinance. The health authorities monitor that the limit values are observed. Even substances without their own limit values must not be contained in any quantity. For them there is a "health orientation value" (GOW) of 0.1 micrograms per liter of water. After evaluating all official drinking water analyzes between 2014 and 2016, the Federal Environment Agency found that tap water in Germany is of very good quality across the board.
Is Tap Water a Good Thirst Quencher?
Tap water is an ideal, calorie-free thirst quencher! Drinking water is a valuable food and is an excellent way of meeting your fluid requirements. The water from the tap is around 100 times cheaper than purchased mineral water and is just as recommendable. Anyone who avoids the production and transport of mineral water bottles in this way also relieves the burden on the environment and protects the climate.
Are you drinking enough? Check out the "Weight under control" guide - because those who drink enough increase their wellbeing and prevent headaches and poor concentration. The guide shows with 10 simple approaches how well-being, weight and health can be positively influenced.
Run the tap water first before drinking
The water that was in the pipes is no longer fresh. Lingering in the line for a long time favors possible contamination and the transfer of substances from the fittings. Therefore, always let the water run for drinking or cooking until it comes out of the tap cool. This can take up to 30 seconds. The first gush of water in the morning or after the holiday can be used for watering flowers, rinsing or cleaning.
The environmental balance of drinking water
In contrast to many other foods, the costs of transporting mineral water - but also soft drinks - have a much greater impact than extraction and packaging. In 2020 alone, around one billion liters of mineral water were imported to Germany. These bottles usually require longer than average transport routes. Therefore, the climate impact of mineral water in Germany is almost 600 times higher than that of tap water. In 2019, for example, 105,000 tons of CO2 were generated in Berlin through the consumption of mineral water. If only tap water were drunk there, this would only be 175 tons of CO2. In the case of nationwide CO2 savings by switching from mineral water to tap water, the savings would be as high as one and a half times the domestic German air traffic (before Corona) per year.
Where can one have drinking water examined?
An Internet list from the State Office for Nature, Environment and Consumer Protection in North Rhine-Westphalia lists laboratories that carry out serious analyzes of drinking water. However, not all of the laboratories listed offer analyzes for end users. Therefore, it is best to find out more by phone. A price comparison is also useful.
- What do people like about Re Zero
- What are older people
- Are genetics and DNA the same?
- Is it possible to love your enemy
- How do the Chinese media report on Trump
- Why do countries have debts
- Which countries are landlocked?
- Does God have sex
- Are kaengurus dangerous or friendly to people
- Why does my friend scare me
- How do you get lucrative government contracts
- What foods do you get bored of while eating
- The American dream kills us
- What do you admire about a celebrity?
- What area do you live in
- What is the best knife
- What are some great SNES titles
- How is the Greek economy doing today
- Why are beautiful girls bullied
- What do you want for breakfast
- What do left libertarians believe
- Why is genealogy important to Mormons
- What about trading with the IIFL account
- Is Ivanka Donald Trump's daughter
- Was Saddam Hussein an Illuminati?
- What are your favourite animals
- Why do I stay dry during sex
- Why do so many guys like me
- How difficult are the AP exams
- Which song motivates you
- You can cook boiled prawns
- Which is the best magazine for technology
- Should Taiwan and Singapore merge
- What causes colorless urine